Issue with TXT format

Hi Team,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We have following issues with the TXT output format.

· Additional commas (,) is there at the end of “SAMPLE REPORT” text in the report output. This is not an expected output.

· Unnecessary commas (,) is there in the 2nd line in the report output. This is again not an expected output.

Please find attached RDL and output files your reference. Let me know if you need any additional detail.

Thanks,

Aftab

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.20 (SSRS2008R2) and let us know your feedback.

Copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin</font>

Thanks for your quick response.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Latest version has resolved our issue.

Thanks,

Aftab

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

It is good to know that your issue is resolved with the latest version.

If you face any other problem or have some questions relating to Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services, please feel free to ask, we will help you asap.

Hi Team,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

We are getting an issue with the .TXT export. The issue is TXT file is missing the contents of the report header and footer controls.

Please find the attached files for your reference. Let me know if you need any additional details.

Note: we are using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.20 (SSRS2008R2)

Thanks,

Aftab

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and testing your issue with the latest Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have logged your issue and the files in our database. Development team will look into your issue and once the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will soon let you know.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40033.

Hi,

There are different kinds of mode for rendering text data in Aspose.Cells.RepoortingServices.dll e.g

1. Default,
  2. DirectTXT,
  3. Excel2CSV etc

Default mode only exports report body data.

DirectTXT mode exports all data which is include of report header, report body and report footer.

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.22 (SSRS2008) .

PS:
The above dll is for SSRS 2008, if you need SSRS 2008 R2, please let us know. Thank you

And update the value of CSV Render mode at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.

=============================================================================

<CSVRender Mode=“DirectTXT”>

===============================================================================

Let us know your feedback.

Hi Team,

It would be great if you could provide us the DLL of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.22 (SSRS2008 R2).

Hi,

Please download and use the latest following version related to SSRS 2008 R2.

Aspose.Cells
for Reporting Services v1.8.0.25 (SSRS2008R2)

<br><br><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Arial','sans-serif';"><span style="background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% white;">Please copy<span class="apple-converted-space"> </span><b>Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll</b><span class="apple-converted-space"> </span>into following folder 

:

${SQL
Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting
Services\ReportServer\bin.

Thanks for your quick response. I could not get “Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml” on my machine. Please guide me in finding Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Hi,

Please try finding Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml file in the following folder/sub folder @ your environment:
${Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services installation folder}

(You may search the file).

Thank you.

I have tried to search “Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml” on my machine but could not get it anywhere. Apart from this, I am facing an issue with the attached Report.txt format. The issue is 2nd line information is cutting down to the next line and so on. For example :

Actual Output in the text file:

IND,,,,,

,"10,000","20,000","30,000","40,000","50,000"

Expected Output:

IND,"10,000","20,000","30,000","40,000","50,000"

Let me know if you need any additional detail.

Thanks,

Aftab Ansari

Hi,

Thanks for the sample RDL, text and Excel files.

Regarding “Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.xml” file, if you firstly installed the latest version e.g v1.8.0 using its MSI (http://www.aspose.com/community/files/52/ssrs-rendering-extensions/aspose.cells-for-reporting-services/entry353793.aspx), the file should be there in the installation folder for Aspose.Cells for RS.

For your new issue 2nd line is cutting down, we have logged it and reopened your existing issue: “SSRS-40033” We will figure your issue soon.

Hi,

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.26(SSRS2008R2).

This version added a new feature for getting Text output mode from rsreportserver.config file.

Copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

${SQL SERVER 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Refer to following content and update the extension configure information in rsreportserver.config file.

=====================================================

DirectTXT

=====================================================

I have tried latest Aspose DLL and suggested settings but still having data representation issue in the TXT format.

Issue Description:

Open the Report1.txt in Excel (open Excel.exe->Choose Open from menu->Choose File types as Text Files->Select Report1.txt->Choose Delimited option->Select Comma from the shown Delimiters option->Finish) and compare the data representation with Report1.xlsx/xls

I have attached required files as an attachment. Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks,

Aftab Ansari

Hi,

Thanks for your files and feedback.

I have logged your comment in our database. We will look into your issues and update you asap.

The comment has been logged against the issue id: SSRS-40033

Hi ,

Please first refer to the following context and try to update the value of mode to Excel2CSV.

========================================================

Excel2CSV

========================================================

We will look into your issues and fix it asap

Thanks for your support.

It has resolved our TXT format issue.

Please share DLL of Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.8.0.26(SSRS2008).

Thanks,

Aftab Ansari

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved now.

We will soon provide you the SSRS2008 version for our latest fix.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please download and try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V1.8.0.28 (SSRS2008).