ListBox with assigned Input range causes Aspose.Cells to crush

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

<![endif]–>

Hi Aspose team,

As a hot-fix for issues CELLSNET-40190 and CELLSNET-40195 you provided me the Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.1 library which indeed contains the fixes for those two issues. Many thanks for this.

But when I switched to the new lib I realized that some of my Excel files start causing System.NullreferenceException during the initial workbook opening.

After some investigation I’ve found the reason of the problem – a list box with assigned named input range (you can find it on the second worksheet in the attached file).

As an additional clue I can state the fact this issue was not present in the Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.2 and before and was introduced starting from v7.0.3.

This code is enough to raise an exception (please use attached file):

Workbook workbook = new Workbook("MyExcelFile.xlsx");

Versions used: Aspose.Cells for .Net v7.0.4.1, Windows 7 professional 64-bit, Office 2010 32-bit.

Could you please take a look and provide me a fix if possible?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I can find the issue ("NullReferenceException") as you have mentioned by opening your template file by Aspose.Cells component.

Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook("e:\\test2\\MyExcelFile.xlsx");

I have logged a ticket with an id CELLSNET-40235. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please download: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.0.4.4

We have fixed this issue.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40235) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.