Font name and column width issue

Hi,

Saved the attached input ods file to another ods file. Have the following issues in the output ods file.
  • Font name for all the cells are Arial Unicode MS (But actually it’s Arial in input file Default font)
  • Column width is 2.28cm (But actually it’s 2.27cm Default size)
  • Row height is 0.42 cm (But actually it’s .43cm Default size)
These are very basic issues for us. So i need the fix immediately. Can you help? Very critical for us. Kindly help!

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this bug.

I was able to reproduce this issue with the latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java v2.5.4.6. We have logged this issue and fix it asap.

Below is my code. I have also attached the output file.

Java

String filePath=“F:\Downloads\input.ods”;

Workbook workbook=new Workbook();

workbook.open(filePath);

workbook.save(filePath + “.out.ods”, FileFormatType.ODS);

This issue has been logged as CELLSJAVA-28440.

Hi,

Any update on this. This is a show stopper issue for us. Please help.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi Santhosh,

We are working on your said issue, soon we will provide you a fix. Anyway, I have added your comments to the Ticket and also I have elevated the severity to “Show Stopper”, as you have defined it.

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Santhosh,

Please try the latest fix version of Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.7 [attached] for your said issue and let us know of your feedback.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you so much. I will try, and let you know the result.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

Still having the column width issue. Please check this and let us know.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi Santhosh,

I have already recorded my comments regarding the Column Width. We will soon fix this issue too.
Thank you for your feedback.

Hi,

We have fixed this issue. Please download Aspose.Cells JAVA v2.5.4.7.

Hi Shakeel Faiz,

No, Column width is not fixed. Please fix this and let us know

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

Any update on this.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi,

Any update on this. Please reply.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi Santhosh,

I am afraid we are still investigating the issue of difference in Column Widths. So far we have concluded that we cannot fix it. It is because the lost of precision while converting column width between pixels/points/inches.

Any how, we are still working on this, as soon as we receive any news from the Development Team, we will post it here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Saved the attched ods file to a xls file. Column width in the input file is (2.27 cm), but in the output xls file it’s 2.40 cm (If i open this in Excel then it’s 11.44). This is a very big difference. Please fix this issue soon. This is a “ShowStopper” issue for us.

Regards,
Santhosh

Hi Santhosh,

Regarding the Column Width issue while re-saving the ODS files. I am afraid, we can not fix it as we have communicated earlier.
Our inner model is using characters and pixels to represent the column width. Sometimes for some other purposes we have to convert this value to points or centimetres. After such translations we cannot recover the size exactly the same as original values saved in ODS file.
As you know, our model is mainly designed for Excel files. For such a ODS file as yours, the column width is 81 pixels. If you use the same settings to create an xls file [not convert ODS to XLS], the same column width [81 pixels] will become 2.26cm. That will not be exactly same as original value when converted back.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regarding your other issue, you have created a new thread. We will post our reply there.
<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}

<![endif]–>

Hi,

For the column width issue(s) you reported, it is hard for us to make the result 100% same with the original value and I am afraid we cannot fix it recently or in near future.

Thank you.