Extracting embedded objects from OpenOffice spreadsheet

Hi,

I embedded a few files inside a couple OpenOffice spreadsheets (ods) as OLE (as well as by drag-and-drop), and Worksheet.OleObjects is empty (unlike with xls(s) files). How would you recommend extracting embedded objects from OpenOffice spreadsheets?

Also, in case this may help: I opened the same file in Excel and saved it as an xlsx, and when I loaded the xlsx file with Aspose.Cells, the OleObjects had one member, but the bytes weren’t right, although I was able to open the document inside Excel.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I guess you have gone through this documentation “Managing OLE Objects”. Also, try your test scenario with our latest fix release for Aspose.Cells for .Net v5.3.2.7.
We have made several enhancements regarding OpenOffice spreadsheets in new release. Hopefully, you will not find any difficulties in Extracting OLE Objects, but if you do then write back with your sample file and code snippets. We will look into it very soon. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am still unable to extract the objects, even after updating my DLL to the version referenced. OleObjects array is empty. I’ve attached the sample file. It’s a simple spreadsheet, with a simple Word doc embedded as an OLE object. (By the way, the object occupies the top left part of the file, but it appears that within OpenOffice, there’s no image, but you can double-click it to open it; if you open it in Word, there’s a big red ‘X’ in the spot).

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for providing us your feedback and sample file. We have logged this issue in our Bug Tracking System with Ticket ID CELLSNET-27101. We are looking into it and soon we will get back to you.

Hi,

Please try the attached version Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.3.3.1. We have fixed the issue you mentioned.