Problem in viewing files on IOS devices

Hi Team,

I used aspose trail version Java API to add password,watermark and digital signature for word,exce and PDF documents and all worked without any issues and I am able to see the watermark and digital signature when i opened the files on laptop/desktop. But when I opened the same on iOS devices like iPhone I am unable to see the watermark and digital signature. Is this limitation in aspose API please help me in this regard.

Hi Surabhi,

Sorry for a bit delayed response.

There is no such known limitation, however, if you are currently not setting the license in your application then please follow the instructions to request a 30 day temporary license of Aspose.Total for Java, and set it in you applications using License.setLicense method provided by all Aspose for Java APIs. Give this scenario another try by generating the document files in licensed mode.

In case the problem persists, please provide the following information/artifacts for thorough investigation.

1. Source code to generate all three kinds of documents (Word, Excel & PDF). Preferably standalone demo applications for quick investigation.
  2. Input documents to your application unless documents are being created dynamically.
  3. Operating system details where application is running (name/version, architecture).
  4. JDK vendor & version.
  5. Are you loading the Word & Excel files in their native formats or are you converting them to PDF format first?
  6. What application(s) are being used to open the document files in IOS and how files are accessed?

Hi Surabhi,

Thanks for contacting support.

Adding more to Babar’s comments, I have tested the scenario of adding Text Watermark and Digital signature to PDF document using Aspose.Pdf for Java 10.4.0 and as per my observations, when viewing resultant file in Adobe Acrobat application on iOS 7, the watermark and digital signature image appears but Digital signature object cannot be accessed (not certain if its a limitation of this App). Furthermore, when using default document viewer or when using iBooks, only Text watermark appears. For the sake of correction, I have logged it as PDFNEWJAVA-34988. We will further look into this matter and will keep you posted with our findings.

[Java]

com.aspose.pdf.Document pdfDocument = new
com.aspose.pdf.Document();
<o:p></o:p>

pdfDocument.getPages().add();

com.aspose.pdf.TextStamp textStamp = new com.aspose.pdf.TextStamp("watermarkText");

textStamp.setWidth(500);

textStamp.setHeight(100);

textStamp.setHorizontalAlignment(com.aspose.pdf.HorizontalAlignment.Center);

textStamp.setVerticalAlignment(com.aspose.pdf.VerticalAlignment.Center);

textStamp.setRotate(-40);

new com.aspose.pdf.FontRepository();

textStamp.getTextState().setFont(com.aspose.pdf.FontRepository.findFont("Arial"));

textStamp.getTextState().setFontSize(50.0F);

textStamp.getTextState().setFontStyle(com.aspose.pdf.FontStyles.Bold);

textStamp.getTextState().setFontStyle(com.aspose.pdf.FontStyles.Italic);

textStamp.getTextState().setForegroundColor(com.aspose.pdf.Color.getDarkGray());

// iterate through all pages of PDF file

int pageSize = pdfDocument.getPages().size();

if(pageSize >= 1){

for (int page_counter = 1; page_counter <=pageSize; page_counter++)

{

//add stamp to all pages of PDF file

com.aspose.pdf.PageCollection pages = pdfDocument.getPages();

if(null != pages){

com.aspose.pdf.Page page = pages.get_Item(page_counter);

if(null != page){

page.addStamp(textStamp);

}

}

}

}

pdfDocument.processParagraphs();

pdfDocument.save("c:/pdftest/Watermark_Test.pdf");

// Create PdfFileSignature instance

com.aspose.pdf.facades.PdfFileSignature pdfSignSingle = new com.aspose.pdf.facades.PdfFileSignature();

// Bind the source PDF by reading contents of Stream

pdfSignSingle.bindPdf("c:/pdftest/Watermark_Test.pdf");//new ByteArrayInputStream(((ByteArrayOutputStream)out).toByteArray()));

// Sign the PDF file using PKCS1 object

pdfSignSingle.sign(1, true, new java.awt.Rectangle(100, 100, 150, 50), new com.aspose.pdf.PKCS1("c:/pdftest/MySPC.pfx", "test"));

// Set image for signature appearance

pdfSignSingle.setSignatureAppearance("c:/pdftest/Concatenate_Issue.PNG");

// Save final output

pdfSignSingle.save(“c:/pdftest/iOS_Vieweing_Issue.pdf”);

Hi Surabhi,

This is to inform you that we have further evaluated the scenario by adding watermark & signature line to an existing spreadsheet and converted it to the PDF format with Aspose.Cells for Java 8.5.1. The resultant PDF can be viewed properly using the iBooks application of iOS 8.3. Please check the attached snapshot and the following piece of code for your reference.

In order to further investigate the presented scenario, we need more details as requested earlier in this thread.

Java

Workbook workbook = new Workbook(“D:/book1.xlsx”);
Worksheet sheet = workbook.getWorksheets().get(0);

//Add watermark
com.aspose.cells.Shape wordart = sheet.getShapes().addTextEffect(MsoPresetTextEffect.TEXT_EFFECT_1,
“CONFIDENTIAL”, “Arial Black”, 50, false, true, 18, 8, 1, 1, 130, 800);
MsoFillFormat wordArtFormat = wordart.getFillFormat();
wordArtFormat.setForeColor(Color.getRed());
wordArtFormat.setTransparency(0.9);
MsoLineFormat lineFormat = wordart.getLineFormat();
lineFormat.setVisible(false);

//Add signature line
int index = sheet.getPictures().add(0, 0, “D:/signature.jpg”);
Picture pic = sheet.getPictures().get(index);
SignatureLine s = new SignatureLine();
pic.setSignatureLine(s);
workbook.save(“D:/output.xls”);