Setting Z order of shapes

In the Cells API, there is a way to read the Z order (layering) of shapes. However, is there a way to SET the order of a shape (move the shape up or down, or make it the top or bottom shape)?

Thanks, Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Currently, the feature (Brign to Front, Send to Back) you are asking for is not available. It has been logged into our System with ID CELLSNET-20878.

We will work on it and look for the viability of its implementation. We will update you accordingly.

Thanks,

Thanks,

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Please use the updated version Aspose.Cells5.1.3.8.zip attached. The issue has been fixed. Now you can set the Shape.ZOrderPosition property

Thanks,

I have tested the new DLL. The ZOrderPosition property works, however it seems to modify the order of images in the Shapes collection, by putting the Shape at the index represented by the ZOrder. For example consider this Shapes collection:

• Picture 1 (index 0)
  • Picture 2 (index 1)
  • Picture 3 (index 2)

Now set the ZOrderPosition of "Picture 2" to 0. Now the Shapes collection looks like this:

• Picture 2 (index 0) <= this has moved to the beginning of the Shapes collection
  • Picture 1 (index 1)
  • Picture 3 (index 2)

This makes it difficult to set the ZOrderPosition while looping through the Shapes collection. Is this necessary? Can you make the the Z order independent of the index within the Shapes collection?

Thanks,

Jeff

<!–[if gte mso 10]> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

<![endif]–>

Hi,

Well, in MS Excel, the order of the shape collection is same as ZOrder. We think Aspose.Cells works in the same way as MS Excel which it should be. You can try to confirm it in MS Excel manually. If you find different results in MS Excel, give us details with sample files here, we will check your issue.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 20878) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

As per your message 265071, I confirmed your statement in my testing. The Z order in Excel is the same as the index of the Shape in the Shapes collection. I have re-worked our code to avoid any problems.

Thanks again for adding the ability of the ZOrderPosition property.

Jeff