2 small issues with CELL function implementation

Hello,

We’ve encountered some issues with CELL function’s implementation, in these two cases:

1. Set column width to 8.50, e.g. for column B.
When using CELL(“width”, B2), Aspose reports 8 as the result, Excel reports 9 - it performs an upper rounding.

2. Format a cell as Currency/Accounting with symbol € (Euro) or £ (English Pound), e.g for cell A1.
When using CELL(“format”, A1), Aspose reports C2 as the result, Excel reports ,2

Can you investigate and provide a small fix for these two particular cases, so that the calculated results are the same as in Excel ?

Tests were made against Aspose.Cells version 7.2.2.5 .

Thanks in advance,
Mihai Andrei,
Sr. Software Engineer,
IBM Romania

Hi,

Thank you for using Aspose.Cells.

Can you please share your source Excel file with us and the simplest lines of code to reproduce the issue? We will look into it and proceed accordingly as soon as possible.

Hello,

I’ve attached a small console application describing my first message.

The console application prints the values of the two formulas before and after executing Workbook.CalculateFormula() - the first values are the ones computed by Excel, the second the ones computed by Aspose.

The test file used is also in the zip, CELL.xlsx .

Thank you,
Mihai Andrei.

Hi,

Thank you for providing the supporting files. We will investigate the issues as you have mentioned and get back to you soon.

Hi,

I can observe and reproduce the issues, as you have mentioned, using the sample project and source Excel file you provided.

I have forwarded these details to our development team to look into it further and provide a solution. We will let you know here once we have an update from our development team. The issue has been logged in our Issue Tracking System as: CELLSNET-40833.

Hi,

1. Set column width to 8.50, e.g. for column B.

When using CELL(“width”, B2), Aspose reports 8 as the result, Excel reports 9 - it performs an upper rounding.

We will fix this issue.

2. Format a cell as Currency/Accounting with symbol € (Euro) or £ (English Pound), e.g for cell A1.

When using CELL(“format”, A1), Aspose reports C2 as the result, Excel reports ,2

It should be the bug of MS Excel.

As you want to get the same result as MS Excel, we will change our code to get the same result .

Hi,

Please try the new version v7.3.0:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/entry396793.aspx

We have fixed your issue now.

Thank you.

Hello,

I’ve tested the fixes, they are ok.

However, for CELL(“width”) function, I noticed the upper rounding is made also for values smaller than *.50. For the first option below it should give 8, not 9 as it does right now.
i.e.
1. If width of a column is set to 8.43 it should be rounded by =CELL(“width” to 8
2. If width of a column is set to 8.50 (>=0.50) it should be rounded by CELL(“width” to 9

Hi,

"1. If width of a column is set to 8.43 it should be rounded by =CELL(“width” to 8"

You are right, using the latest version v7.3.0, I can notice this behavior. I have re-opened your issue again and we will figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET

v7.3.0.1

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-40833) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.