How to link tabs like foreign keys in excel using Aspose cells

I would like to create a tab per database table, and then database table columns as column headers in each tab respectively.

Not just that I would also like to link tabs with each other, e.g. if I have 2 tabs category and products… I would like product tab to not let user enter category that doesn’t exists in categories tab.

Is this sort of thing possible with Aspose cells ? any sample code would be welcomed.

Many Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells.

Aspose.Cells is the subset of Microsoft Excel functionalities and Aspose.Cells supports most of the Microsoft Excel features.

So, if you think, your requirements are achievable with Microsoft Excel, then create a sample excel file manually with MS-Excel and attach it here for our investigation. We will look into it and provide you an equivalent sample code to achieve your requirements programmatically with Aspose.Cells.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Do you need Data Validation? Please check the attached excel file, it has data validation. Please check cells B2:B14 in Sheet1. Please note, this data validation is supported by Aspose.Cells.

Or do you want internal hyperlinks which connect to cells to different worksheets, for example, on clicking the link, it takes you to Sheet1!A1 and on clicking the other link takes you to Sheet2!A1 etc.

Please provide us your excel file so that we could look into it and help you in resolving this issue.