Grouped rows/column have some issues in GridWeb

Hi,

After performing tests, it seems that grouped rows/column have some issues. Please use the previous sample project I sent you on “W010 - Liasse Locale 99-02” worksheet.

When I click on the “+” button to visualize grouped rows:

The result is : “+” button become “-”, but it does not expand grouped rows.
The result should be : “+” button become “-” and grouped rows are expanded.

When the grouped row are expanded by default.

I click on “-” button -> grouped rows are correctly collapsed.
Then I click on “+” button to expand grouped rows again.

The result is : rows become visible but column width are not correct (attached screenshot)
The result should be : rows become visible with correct column width

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using GridWeb.

We will look into this issue and update you asap. Please note, I have split your post into new thread for better management of the issue. However, you can see all of your posts by clicking the Posts link present in your every post at the left pane just below your user name.

Thank you, I will follow this thread now

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We have looked into this issue with the latest version of GridWeb and found the issue does not exist in the latest version. Please check the attached sample project and the screenshot showing its output for your reference.

If you still think, the issue exists, then please modify our provided project and replicate the issue and provide it to us and let us know the exact steps to reproduce the issue. We will execute it at our end and investigate the issue further.

Hi,

I can see on your screenshot that you are testing on Google Chrome.

Please note that each problem I described here are only reproduced on IE11.

Could you please check if you still can’t reproduce the issue on IE ?

Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We were able to observe the issue as per your description when we executed our sample project on Internet Explorer 11.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSNET-45137 - Grouped rows or columns have issues in GridWeb when it is run on Internet Explorer 11

I have also attached the screenshot showing this GridWeb issue on IE 11 for a reference.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.GridWeb.

We have fixed your issue. Please download and try the fixed acwmain.js file and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Indeed it’s much better !

However, about grouped columns/rows, there are still some issues on IE 11.

• Please consider the C1 worksheet. Initially the worksheet grouped rows are collapsed. If you extend them, you will notice that no vertical scrollbar is displayed even if the number of rows become too big to be fully displayed (attached screenshot Case1.png).
  • Now consider the I. 100 worksheet which contains grouped row at the very end of the sheet. If you scroll down to reach the very end of the sheet you will notice that the “+”/"-" button is not visible. So it is impossible to expand/collapse these rows (attached screenshot Case2.png).
  • Now consider the Control worksheet. This worsheet contains some big rows groups. Initially, Gridweb loads 27 rows and shows a big white space. Moreover, when you scroll down, some postback loads no rows so the GridWeb becomes empty (attached screenshot Case3.png).
  • Please consider the I. 100 worksheet again. Initially the GridWeb loads fine the 48 first rows and take the whole available height. But if you collapse all the groups you will notice an empty space under the 64th row (attached screenshot Case4.png).
  • Please consider the C1 worksheet again. The sheet is not fully loaded. The gridweb shows only 64 rows instead of 75 on Excel (attached screenshot Case5.png).
Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

We will look into these issues and update you asap.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

Please download and try the attached sample project. It uses the latest version of Aspose.Cells for GridWeb.

We were able to observe one of your issue which has been logged in a separate thread. i.e.

We were not able to observe your other issues with the attached project. Please check sc2.png, as you can see, C1 worksheet is fully loaded. Please try the attached project and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

Could you please try to replicate all the issues I described on my previous post with the attached project ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your sample project and using Aspose.Cells.

I was able to run your project successfully but I found that none of the rows of any of the worksheet gets expand or collapse. I even tried the two buttons present at the top right but they did not make any difference. Please see the screenshot for your reference.

Please also let us know, do your issues occur in read-only mode only or do they occur in both mode i.e. read-only and editable.

Hi,

Do not pay attention to the two top right buttons, they was probably here for another bug. You can remove them if they bother you.

Please just try to follow these five scenario on IE. Each of them reproduce an issue:
  • Please consider the C1 worksheet. Initially the worksheet grouped rows are collapsed. If you extend them, you will notice that no vertical scrollbar is displayed even if the number of rows become too big to be fully displayed (attached screenshot Case1.png).
  • Now consider the I. 100 worksheet which contains grouped row at the very end of the sheet. If you scroll down to reach the very end of the sheet you will notice that the “+”/"-" button is not visible. So it is impossible to expand/collapse these rows (attached screenshot Case2.png).
  • Now consider the Control worksheet. This worsheet contains some big rows groups. Initially, Gridweb loads 27 rows and shows a big white space. Moreover, when you scroll down, some postback loads no row so the GridWeb becomes empty (attached screenshot Case3.png).
  • Please consider the I. 100 worksheet again. Initially the GridWeb loads fine the 48 first rows and take the whole available height. But if you collapse all the groups you will notice an empty space under the 64th row (attached screenshot Case4.png).
  • Please consider the C1 worksheet again. The sheet is not fully loaded. The gridweb shows only 64 rows instead of 75 on Excel (attached screenshot Case5.png).
Thanks,

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please check my previous screenshot. My original question was

I am unable to expand and collapse any of the rows in any of the worksheet.

I thought, this issue is specific to IE 11, but when I checked it on Chrome and FireFox, the issue also occured there. I looked into it further and found that problem is not related to browser but to excel file. If we load your Xls file, it works fine but if we load your Xlsm file, it does not work.

I have created an issue for this issue in a separate thread. Please check the thread for your reference. It contains the sample project (with sample excel files) and screenshot showing the interface of web application that replicates this issue.

Hi,

Indeed, I am able to reproduce this problem which seem to not be here on the previous version of the GridWeb.

Please have a look on the five issues mentionned on my previous post when you will fix this issue.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and considering Aspose.Cells.

We will keep you updated. Hopefully, your mentioned issues will also be fixed with the logged issue in other thread as well.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45137) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.3.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi,

Does this mean that all the issues mentionned here are fixed ?

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

Your five cases mentioned in this post.

826320 in reply to 825866

have been logged in these threads. Please check the updates in their relevant threads.