Position of legend od chart is lost after saving

Hi,

i have a problem with saving a workbook based on file type ‘xls’ (see attachment “Chart.xls”). The position of the legend of a chart is lost after saving the file with Aspose (see jpg attachment).
This problem does not occur with a workbook that based on OOXML file type, e.g. ‘xlsm’.

Best regards
Matthias

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have tested this issue with the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Java v17.1.5 using your source xls file with the following sample code and observed the issue as per your description.

We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as

• CELLSJAVA-42178 - Position of legend of chart is lost after saving

I have also attached the output excel file generated with this code for a reference.

Java
Workbook wb = new Workbook(dirPath + “Chart.xls”);
wb.save(dirPath + “output.xls”);

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue thoroughly. For your information, if the XLS file is opened in MS Excel 2003, the position of the chart’s legend is lost too. The XLS file must be saved by MS Excel 2007 or advance version. There are some extra data in the XLS file and I am afraid, we do not support it for now. The ticket is still open and we hope we can support it in this year.

Thank you.
Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please check the attached images for your reference.

You will find the position of legend in the source file (Chart.xls) is not set too. It is customized.

So we have closed this issue i.e. CELLSJAVA-42178 as Won't Fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.