The definition of this report is not valid or supported

Hi

i m evaluating ASPOSE for Reporting services for creating charts.

i m using ASPOSE MSI Installer version 2.4.0

After designing the rdl in sql server data tools in sql server 2012, i open and create chart in Excel - 2010.

Save it - for sql server 2008R2 or later.

publish it in SQL Server 2012 gives error. error is listed as

ASPOSE Alert @@ : Tuesday, August 30, 2016 8:09:37 PM : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: The definition of this report is not valid or supported by this version of Reporting Services. The report definition may have been created with a later version of Reporting Services, or contain content that is not well-formed or not valid based on Reporting Services schemas. Details: Deserialization failed: The element ‘TablixMembers’ in namespace ‘Report Definition Language (RDL) 2008’ has incomplete content. List of possible elements expected: ‘TablixMember’ in namespace ‘Report Definition Language (RDL) 2008’. Line 403, position 12.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportingService2005Impl.CreateReport(String Report, String Parent, Boolean Overwrite, Byte[] Definition, Property[] Properties, Guid batchId, Warning[]& Warnings)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.WebServer.ReportingService2005.CreateReport(String Report, String Parent, Boolean Overwrite, Byte[] Definition, Property[] Properties, Warning[]& Warnings)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Services.ReportingService.ReportingService2005.CreateReport(String Report, String Parent, Boolean Overwrite, Byte[] Definition, Property[] Properties)
at ..PublishReport(String , String , Boolean , Byte[] ,  )

Any help!

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please post your report definition (RDL) file here. We will check it ASAP.

please find the rdl attached.

Hi,

Thanks for the sample RDL file.

I have logged an investigation ticket with an id “SSRS-40237” for your issue. We will investigate and look into your issue soon.

Once we have an update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

My Aim is to evaluate the library for SQL Server Reporting Services - 2012.

I m using SQL Server Data Tools - 2012, with visual studio 2010 shell.

using Microsoft office - 2010 to create charts.

publishing to sql server 2012.

what i m observing is after the chart is created in MS Office(Excel) - 2010 the definition of the rdl is updated and it throws errors which prevents from publishing to sql server 2012. this updated rdl doesnt open in sql server data tools - 2012 also.

Do i have to change any of the tools for publishing to sql server 2012 reporting services. do you recommend any Ecosystem for publishing to sql server reporting services - 2012.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concerns and requirements.

Please spare us a little time to completely evaluate your issue/requirements in details on our end. I have logged your concerns against your issue “SSRS-40237” into our database. Our concerned developer from product team will look into it and hopefully we get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have checked your provided report define file. Please refer to following operations and update your report define file.

1. Open ASPOSEEVALExcel.rdl file with Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client in excel.

2. Insert a column at column A and set ##header in A3.

3. Click modify attribute and update start cell to B3 and end cell to D4.

4. Save report (ASPOSEEVALExcel_1.rdl).

5. Publish report ( select the check box of use shared data source and select data source from shared data source list ) .

By the way, we use the latest version i.e., Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v2.4.0.8. If your Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services version is older, then use the latest version which you can download from this link.

Hi

Thanks for the fix.

I see that the chart is not visible in sql server reporting portal when the RDL is published to portal. it is visible only in exported excel.

why?

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please share some screenshots illustrating your issue. It will help us look into it more closely and precisely and we will let you know how to deal with it. Thanks for your cooperation in this regard.

Hi

I have attached three screenshots.

1. screenshot in design mode - excel - Chart is visible as it is created here.

2. screenshot in report portal after publishing - chart is missing - SSRS Version - SQL 2012 Reporting services.

3. Exported excel attached. chart is available

Why the chart is missing in report portal.

Thanks for help.

Hi,

Thanks for your illustrative screenshots and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We were able to observe this issue and logged your comment and screenshots in our database for product team investigation. We will look into it and help you out. Once, there is some news for you, we will let you know asap. Have a good day.

Hi,

Do we have any updates on this issue.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We are afraid there is no update for you at this moment regarding this issue. However, we have logged your comment in our database against this issue and requested the product team to provide some fix or ETA for this issue. Once there is some news for you, we will update you asap by posting in this thread.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

At present, Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services Client does not support to convert excel chart to report services chart.

We plan to spend two months on the feature from next month.

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi,

We have added the new feature for saving Excel chart to report definition file. At present, we only support three kinds of charts (Column, Line and Bar). We will go on to enhance the feature.

Please try the fixed version/fix: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services V2.5.0.2:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72854092/ACRS.MSI.2.5.0.2.zip

Please refer to the online document: Working with Charts (Working with Charts|Documentation)

Please let us know your results/feedback.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40237) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.