3 OneNote files, 3 errors when opening them

Hi Aspose team,

in attached project you can find source and 3 OneNote files which cannot be opened through Aspose.Note with following errors:

Doc name:OneNote\1.one, Error:Unknown binary data compression in OneNote Online file format.
Doc name:OneNote\2.one, Error:Page manifest node is missed.
Doc name:OneNote\3.one, Error:Unknown binary data marker in OneNote Online file format.

Files where created locally on my computer and uploaded to SharePoint.Online. For 1st and 3rd file I see that it is OneNote.Online format but anyway, this error might help you in extension of Aspose.Note to Online direction.

Thanks for check,
Oliver

3Errors.zip (3.5 MB)

@dr_oli

We were able to reproduce this issue and it has been logged with ID “NOTENET-2769” for further investigation. You will be informed here once we have more information to share.

@dr.doc,
We are glad to inform you that the latest version of Aspose.Note processes your provided sample files fine, i.e., 1.one and 3.one.

But we are struggling with the sample file “2.one”. This file is successfully opened by OneNote app. The single page is loaded but with caution “We couldn’t merge some changes. Click here to hide page versions with unmerged changes.”

If we click on the single present history version of the page then OneNote app just can’t load it showing “Loading…” message.

Can you please provide more details about the way the sample file 2.one was generated?
It can help us to understand what’s wrong.

Thanks for update.
I checked document 2.one and, to be honest, I cannot recall how it was created. Somehow it looks like that this is related to file coming from SharePoint.Online where also History functionality is used:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/history-tab-onenote/949b42eb-766f-499b-aa0a-ccb07a75dc33?auth=1

If I figure I’ll provide update here…

@dr.doc,
Sure, take your time to provide feedback.

@dr.doc,

Please try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Note for .NET 23.9.

We tested, it works fine using the latest version and we don’t find parsing errors with any of the documents you provided.

Let us know your feedback.