Problem to open XLSM document

Hi Aspose team,

when I try to open attached document I am having following error:

A first chance exception of type '”.””' occurred in Aspose.Cells.dll
Additional information: Cannot read that as a ZipFile

Document can be opened with Excel 2013. Excel will report issues but can open this document.

Can you please check?

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We checked your xlsm file and found it is corrupt. Therefore Aspose.Cells is unable to open it. So this is not a bug. Please check the screenshot attached with this post showing the error while opening your xlsm file for a reference.

Hi,

can you please try with new attached documents (xlsm and xlsx).
I am able to open them in Excel 2013.

If you still have problem please click on ok when Excel complains and save the document again so that it can be opened.

Thanks,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

Your new samples seems to be fine as I am able to load them in Excel 2013 as well as in an instance of Workbook while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.6.0.7 without observing any exception. Could you please give the latest version a try on your side?

Hi,

Any chance to try to fix corrupted documents when opening them?
I am asking as attached document (first one) can be opened by Excel.

BR,
Oliver

Hi Oliver,

I am afraid, Aspose.Cells APIs cannot parse and load corrupted spreadsheets unless you repair them using Excel application. Moreover, the spreadsheet shared in your first post is damaged so when you open it with Excel, it asks you to repair it and if you save the repaired spreadsheet with Aspose.Cells APIs, there will be no exception.