3D model converts to static image in output DOCX using .NET

I’m looking for a way to include 3D models in generated docx documents. I created a simple test docx document and inserted a medical 3D model as obj file. I could rotate the model in this source docx in Word. Size of this test docx file is 16MB.
Next I used Aspose Words.NET (TOTAL.NET actually) to generate a new docx out of the test docx, just merging a title text to it. The resulting document looks ok, but the 3D model is not rotatable any more, but just a static image (with no way to select it, for some reason). Size of this resulting docx file is just 110 KB.

So, the 3D model seems to get reduced as a static image in Aspose processing. How could I avoid this? Or is there something wrong with my testing?

@Aiddo

To ensure a timely and accurate response, please attach the following resources here for testing:

• Your input Word document.
  • Please attach the output Word file that shows the undesired behavior.
  • Please attach the expected output Word file that shows the desired behavior.
  • Please create a standalone console application ( source code without compilation errors ) that helps us to reproduce your problem on our end and attach it here for testing.

As soon as you get these pieces of information ready, we will start investigation into your issue and provide you more information. Thanks for your cooperation.

PS: To attach these resources, please zip and upload them.

Attached are the needed bits.
input: TestSource3Dmodel.zip is a zipped docx file containing a 3D model. If opened in Word, the 3D model can be tilted in any angle.

output: TestFile.Destination3Dmodel_out.zip is a zipped docx file containing the output. As you open it in Word, you’ll notice that the 3D is a static image only, while it should be a tiltable 3D model.

desired output: The desired output is more or less equal to the input file. The only manipulation accomplished in the app is to append it in a new, empty docx.

standalone console application: ConsoleApp1.zip. It’s a quick & dirty app initializing the license reading the input file and appending it to the end of a new, empty docx file.

ConsoleApp1.zip (254.4 KB)
TestSource3Dmodel.zip (703.7 KB)
TestFile.Destination3Dmodel_out.zip (69.5 KB)

@Aiddo

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-20175. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

It’s been two years. Any update on this issue?

@bingxie Unfortunately, there are no news regarding this issue. It has been postponed and is not yet scheduled for development. We will keep you updated and let you know once it is resolved or we have more information for you.