3D pie chart is not rendered when converting from xlsx to pdf

Hi,

3D pie chart is not rendered when converting from xlsx to pdf - I have tried Aspose.Cells 17.1.1 for .NET 4.0 on Ubuntu 15.10 + Mono 4.2.3.4. See attached xlsx and result pdf.

C# code:

var doc = new Aspose.Cells.Workbook(“Atom_Charts_3D_Pie_2007.xlsx”);

doc.Save(“Atom_Charts_3D_Pie_2007.xlsx.pdf”);

Best Regards,

Aleksey.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template file and output PDF file.

I think your issue might be due to missing required fonts on your system. Please make sure that the underlying fonts (e.g .ttf file(s)) used in the template file (Calibri, Arial, MicrosoftSansSarif, etc.) are installed on your pc before rendering the spreadsheet to PDF file format. You should also specify the fonts folder path at the start using FontConfigs.SetFontFolder().

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Please explain, how fonts absence/presence and chart rendering are related? You can see in the pdf that texts are rendered correctly since the default system font substitution mechanism are utilized. FontConfigs.SetFontFolder() is not needed to be used if we use system default font folder.

BTW, usage of explicit font substitution (Aspose.Cells.FontConfigs.SetFontSubstitutes) for Calibri font (used in the xlsx) does not succeed the issue.

Best Regards,

Aleksey.

Hi Aleksey,

Thank you for testing the scenario by substituting the fonts. I have also evaluated the case on my side under Ubuntu 15.10 & Mono 4.2.1, and I am able to notice the said issue, that is; 3D Pie chart does not render while converting the spreadsheet to PDF format. In order to further investigate the matter, and to pin point the problem cause, I have raised this incident as CELLSNET-45070. Please spare us little time for proper analysis. In the meanwhile, we will keep you posted with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to update you that the ticket logged earlier as CELLSNET-45070 has been marked resolved. We will shortly share the fix here for your testing.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the following latest fix

Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.6 (.NET 2.0) compiled in .NET Framework 2.0.
Aspose.Cells for .NET v17.1.6 (.NET 4.0) compiled in .NET Framework 4.0.

and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-45070) have been fixed in Aspose.Cells for .NET 17.2.0.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.