4.2.0.0 -- ToImage() looks nothing like my chart

Hi Todd,

Could you try the attached version.

Thank you.

Version 4.2.0.8 generates a System.ArgumentException - Invalid Parameter Used when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap img = wb.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].ToImage(); on the Pie chart in my attached example application (a few posts back).

Todd

Amjad Sahi:

Hi Todd,

Could you try the attached version.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting it.

Actually the error occurs, when the data source and chart are implemented into different sheets. We will figure out the issue and get back to your soon.

Thank you.

Please try this attached version. We make some enhancement on chart2image conversion.

Thanks Laurence. Version 4.2.0.10 resolved the crash for Pie charts. However, I just wanted to point out a few observations:

1. The image of the pie chart does not have the gradient fill.

2. For some reason, when the chart is put back into the PowerPoint slide, the Font for the Chart Labels is changed from 8pt Arial to 8pt Arial Bold.

3. Seems that whenever I put a chart back into the PowerPoint, the size gets off just slightly. For example, the size of the pie chart is set to 2.75" x 4.68" but its "Original size" is 2.76" x 4.69". May not seem like a big deal, but it seems to cause of subtle distoration of the image when it is placed back in PowerPoint . To correct it, I have to:

• Navigate to the slide
  • Right-click on the chart
  • Select Format Object...
  • Go to the Size tab
  • Click the Reset button to reset the shape to its original size.

Lastly -- I added one more chart type to the mix. A Stacked Bar chart. Didn't expect any problems, but it too seems to throw an exception (NullPointer) when calling ChartToImage().

I have a attached my sample project, which includes the Stacked Bar chart.

Thanks,

Todd

Laurence:
Please try this attached version. We make some enhancement on chart2image conversion.

Hi Todd,

1.The gradient fill of pie chart is not supported.

2.We will fix it.

3. Now in order to draw the border of the chart area, we add a pixel of width and height. We are looking into this issue.

4,We will fix the bug of drawing Stacked Bar chart.

Thanks for your patience.

Thanks Warren!

Todd

Warren:

Hi Todd,

1.The gradient fill of pie chart is not supported.

2.We will fix it.

3. Now in order to draw the border of the chart area, we add a pixel of width and height. We are looking into this issue.

4,We will fix the bug of drawing Stacked Bar chart.

Thanks for your patience.

Hi,

Please try this fix.

The gradient fill of pie chart is supported now.

Another 3 problems have been fixed.

Hello,

Todd has asked me to continue persuing these issues with you. It seems we have made considerable progress since day one. We do, however, still have the following issues. I have attaches a sample project that deminstrates the following.

• Color saturation on output images vs. powerpoint rendering is different.
  • Chart ebd2000ba Aspose rendered chart is clipped at the very top.
  • Chart ebd2000ba Aspose rendered chart scale is 0% to 100% powerpoint rendering is 0% to 90%
  • Chart aa1000ca Aspose rendered chart is much larger vs. powerpoint rendering
  • Chart ebd3000bb when processing the chart image Aspose throws the following exception when calling wb.Worksheets[0].Charts[0].ToImage().

An unhandled exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in system.drawing.dll

Additional information: Rectangle '{X=94,Y=95.38889,Width=0,Height=6.222222}' cannot have a width or height equal to zero.

If there are no ‘0’ values inserted into the worksheet the exception does not occur.

Hi,

Please attach the project again.

And please try the lastest version.

Warren,

Thanks for your quick reply. I did download and run the latest Aspose.Cells.dll from your reply. The results were the same. I have attached my test project.

Hi,

Thanks for the project.

We will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Thanks, Amjad. looking forward to hearing from you. Please contact me as needed.

-John Barow

Hi,

Thanks for considering chart2Image feature.

Please try the attached fix.

If the gradient fills are ready for testing soon, we still might be able to utilize Aspose for our current project instead of Microsoft Office Automation.dvd to iphone

It's ready for testing, please try this attached version.

Laurence,
Have any of my conserns been addressed with this build? It doen't seem to be any different then what I already had other then the version number.
Please advise,
-John Barrow

Hi John,

We have solved all your problems except the first color saturation issue. It's much more complex. We will give you a new version in next week for testing.

have you run this build against the test project sent on 07-26-2007? It seems to be failing in all the same areas. I don't understand what has been fixed?

-John Barrow

Hi John,

As Laurence told you that we have fixed much of your issues. We will post a fix here in the next week. And when you will try that fix , do tell us the status then.

Thank you.