4.2.0.0 -- ToImage() looks nothing like my chart

Ok, Sorry. I thought the build posted was for my fixes.

-John Barrow

Hi Laurence. I was just poking around in PowerPoint and found something interesting that you guys might already be aware of, but I thought I'd share it since I never noticed this before...

I was looking at the Aspose generated output (in the out.ppt sample file). Check this out:

• Right-click on one of the chart objects in that file.
  • Select Format Object... from the popup menu
  • Click on the Picture tab

Notice that in the Image Control section, the Brightness and Contrast are both set to 50%. If you click on the Recolor... button below the sliders, and then click OK on the popup dialog, you will see that PowerPoint then correctly recolors the image of the chart with a 50%/50% brightness/contrast.

So what I think you guys might need to do, is when a user calls pres.Pictures.Add(pic) to put an image into the slide, you need to respect the "Image Control" settings and then recolor the user-supplied image according to those settings.

Hope this helps!

Todd

Laurence:

Hi John,

We have solved all your problems except the first color saturation issue. It's much more complex. We will give you a new version in next week for testing.

Hi Todd,

Please try this fix.

Thanks for your info.You should control Brightness and Contrast properties in Aspose.Sildes.PPT use the two properties to control how to display the picture. The two properties is not inner properties of the bitmap file.

Thanks Warren. The attached version does a better job of rendering the charts (fixes the problems with the vertical axis being trucated, etc). However, there is still a problem with the saturation level of the chart colors.

I ran my test app through the debugger, and I saw that the OleObjectFrame's Brightness and Contrast properties are already set to "50", yet when I do the following:

// create an aspose picture object and add it to the

// presentation to replace the the standard "Object changed" image.

Aspose.Slides.Picture pic = new Aspose.Slides.Picture(pres, img);

oof.PictureId = pres.Pictures.Add(pic);

The Brightness and Contrast properties for the OleObjectFrame (oof) are not applied to the picture (img) when it is inserted into the chart (pres.Pictures.Add(pic)). This appears to be a bug in Aspose.Slides.

Todd

Warren:

Hi Todd,

Please try this fix.

Thanks for your info.You should control Brightness and Contrast properties in Aspose.Sildes.PPT use the two properties to control how to display the picture. The two properties is not inner properties of the bitmap file.

I was just wondering if there was any update on my last posting.

Thanks,
Todd

Hi Todd,

We fixed some bugs and support second category axis labels.

Hi Warren. In the process of adding support for secondary axis, I think you guys might have broken the horiztonal axis labels.

When I ran my test app (included in earlier posts) against this new version, the text on the horizontal labels does not wrap any longer, and overlaps. This happens when calling the ToImage() method on the Chart object.

Todd

Hi Warren. I just wanted to get an update on this issue, and see if there was a fix on the way. This is a big show-stopper for us. Here is a summary of the problems we need to have corrected as soon as possible:

• The horizontal axis labels are no longer wrapping. This was broken in the last build (4.3.0.16). Please see out-ebd2000ba.bmp for details.
  • The stacked-bar chart is being slightly enlarged, and chopped off at the bottom. Please see out-aa1000ca.bmp for details.

Thanks,

Todd

toddba:

Hi Warren. In the process of adding support for secondary axis, I think you guys might have broken the horiztonal axis labels.

When I ran my test app (included in earlier posts) against this new version, the text on the horizontal labels does not wrap any longer, and overlaps. This happens when calling the ToImage() method on the Chart object.

Todd

Hi Todd,

Please try this fix. We have fixed the bug of wrapping the horizontal axis labels.And we are look into the bug of the stack chart.

Thanks Warren. I tried the attached version (4.3.0.17) dated 8/30/2007 5:29PM, but it seems to do the same thing as the other version (4.3.0.16). The horizontal axis labels are still not wrapping...

Todd

Hi Todd,

Sorry for my mistake.

Please try this fix.

Thanks Warren! Version 4.4.0.1 looks awesome. The charts look nearly identical to what is rendered natively by PowerPoint/Excel. Really good job! The only thing I see missing are the Leader Lines on the pie chart data labels, but that is not really a big issue for us. We can definitely manage without them if need be.

Todd

Hi,

The feature of leader lines is not supported in the current version. We are already considered implementing it, but it can’t draw the leader lines be similar to excel chart very well.

We will review the feature and maybe implement it in one of future releases. ^-^

Thanks Roger. The missing “Leader Lines” is not a big issue for us. We can live without it. It was more of a “nice to have” feature.

Todd

roger:

Hi,

The feature of leader lines is not supported in the current version. We are already considered implementing it, but it can’t draw the leader lines be similar to excel chart very well.

We will review the feature and maybe implement it in one of future releases. ^-^

Hi guys. Our project is now 3 weeks from code-freeze. We have run into some more issues, and really need some help. I have attached a sample app that demonstrates the following problems...

Slide 2 / Pie Chart:

With the latest version of Aspose.Cells, the data-labels now have a border around them when Aspose renders the chart image. Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-single1000pa.bmp for the Aspose rendered version.

Slide 3 / Chart 1:

The data-labels at the ends of the bars are being wrapped, even though there is no reason to do so. When Excel/PowerPoint renders this chart, the labels are not wrapped. Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-slide3chart1.bmp for the Aspose rendered version.

Chart #1 is also clipping the category labels (the fund names) if they wrap to 3 lines (for this you will need to put in fund name over 50 char or so). Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-slide3chart1.bmp for the Aspose rendered version. The 12th bar in the chart contains an example of the clipping.

Slide 4 / Chart 2:

Chart #2 is not wrapping the legend, so it's running outside the chart box. Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-slide4chart2.bmp for the Aspose rendered version.

Slide 4 / Chart 3:

One of our developers reported that Chart #3 is dropping the value labels below the x-axis line when the values are small (try 0%). However when I tried to reproduce this, I get a "Divide By Zero" exception in Aspose.Slides when calling ToImage().

Todd

Just wondering if we can get some help with this. soon. Our project is quickly approaching its release date.

Thanks, Todd

toddba:

Hi guys. Our project is now 3 weeks from code-freeze. We have run into some more issues, and really need some help. I have attached a sample app that demonstrates the following problems...

Slide 2 / Pie Chart:

With the latest version of Aspose.Cells, the data-labels now have a border around them when Aspose renders the chart image. Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-single1000pa.bmp for the Aspose rendered version.

Slide 3 / Chart 1:

The data-labels at the ends of the bars are being wrapped, even though there is no reason to do so. When Excel/PowerPoint renders this chart, the labels are not wrapped. Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-slide3chart1.bmp for the Aspose rendered version.

Chart #1 is also clipping the category labels (the fund names) if they wrap to 3 lines (for this you will need to put in fund name over 50 char or so). Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-slide3chart1.bmp for the Aspose rendered version. The 12th bar in the chart contains an example of the clipping.

Slide 4 / Chart 2:

Chart #2 is not wrapping the legend, so it's running outside the chart box. Please see in.ppt for the original powerpoint, and out-slide4chart2.bmp for the Aspose rendered version.

Slide 4 / Chart 3:

One of our developers reported that Chart #3 is dropping the value labels below the x-axis line when the values are small (try 0%). However when I tried to reproduce this, I get a "Divide By Zero" exception in Aspose.Slides when calling ToImage().

Todd

Hi Todd,

We are working on some of your desired featues, We will get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi Todd,

Excepting Legend problem in chart #2, we will provide a new fix to you in next week. We will look into the problem of not wrapping legend text.

Thanks Roger!!!

roger:

Hi Todd,

Excepting Legend problem in chart #2, we will provide a new fix to you in next week. We will look into the problem of not wrapping legend text.

Hi Roger. I just wanted to check on this support request…

Our project hits code-freeze on November 1st, and we really need to have all of the issues I documented fixed as soon as possible. Our QA and Product teams are getting very nervous because they are already 80% done with their testing, and many of the charts in the PowerPoint documents are still not appearing correctly because of the rendering problems.

Thanks, Todd

toddba:

Thanks Roger!!!

roger:

Hi Todd,

Excepting Legend problem in chart #2, we will provide a new fix to you in next week.we will look into the problem of not wrapping lengend text.