Wrong layouting?

Hi,

when I try to convert the Kalender.ods to pdf or jpg it looks like the attached Kalender.pdf and not similar to the Kalender.ods.

Files and Code attached.

Did I forget to set something up?

Thanks
Theo

Hi,

Thanks for the template files and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned. I found wrong layout when rendering PDF from your template ODS file.
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook workbook;

String path = “Kalender.ods”;
workbook = new Workbook(path);

workbook.save(“Kalender1.pdf”, SaveFormat.PDF);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-41423” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have fixed the issue (CELLSJAVA-41423).

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.5.1.6 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,
thank you, looks way better.
But I think it’s still not perfekt.
e.g. the border looks different to the original and the date is replaced by ###### -> normaly means the collumn is to small but the date e.g. “01 Do” has only 5 digits, and it’s replaced by 6 digits… And if it’s working in the original file it should fit in the converted too, or?

Thanks for your help.
greetings,
Theo

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

You are right. There are two major issues still not sorted out completely:

1) The borders look different comparing to original template ODS file.
2) In the original file, some values are replaced by “###” for certain date columns but in the output PDF file all date values are replaced by “######”.

I have reopened your issue now. We will look into it soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

We have evaluated your issue further.

1) Please check that the “Bitstream Vera Sans” font used in your ODS file has been installed on your system or you have set it by using CellsHelper.setFontdir API in the code before using any other Aspose.Cells APIs . Also, share us the “Bitstream Vera Sans” font file here.

2) Please share the generated PDF file by Aspose.Cells. We need to analyze it.
3) It will be good if you can share the desired view with us and highlight all the problems in our generated PDF.

Thank you.

Hi,

1) oh, didn’t see that there was used a different font. Changed it to Arial. See new Kalender.ods attachement
2) see attachment. Its a PDF generated with the new ods with arial as font.
3) just compare with the other PDF (Kalender_LibreOffice_Export.pdf). Thats what I expect it should look like.

Greetings,
Theo Bachmann

Hi,

Thanks for providing us template files and details.

You are right. I tested your scenario/ case with your newly attached ODS file in which you uses Arial font for the data. I tried converting your new ODS file to PDF, it still shows the same issue.
I have logged your comment with your template files against your issue “CELLSJAVA-41423” into our database. We will thoroughly investigate your issue on our end.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-41423) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Thanks for the new Library.
But: actually I can’t see any chances compared to the aspose-cells.
The Text on the first page still won’t fit the cells…

Thanks for rechecking the ticket.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you provide some screen shots to highlight the problematic areas (comparing original template ODS file (shown in print preview) Vs output PDF file via Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.5.2), we will check it soon.

Thank you.

Hi

see attachment.

Hi,

Thanks for the screen shot.

You are right as I tested your scenario/ case by converting your ODS file to PDF, it still shows the same issue. I have logged your comment with your template files against your issue “CELLSJAVA-41423” into our database. We will look into it soon…

Thank you.

Hi,

It is to inform you that we have fixed your issue now. We will soon provide the fix here after performing QA and including other enhancements and fixes.

Once the fix is available for public use, we will let you know immediately.

Keep in touch.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Java.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v8.6.0.2 and let us know your feedback.