Issue Regarding Aspose.Email.Outlook.Pst

HI BABAR,

The Below giver are the some of the issue we have encountered while deleting message from PST

• After Deleting the messages from PST file the size of the PST file remains the same it doesn’t change.
  • initially i encountered problem with blank subject whenever there was blank message subject the application used to stop execution but now i have fixed it by providing condition [if ((messageInfo.Subject.Equals(sMailSubject) == true) || (sMailSubject != “”)) ]so it is now working fine.but now i am having another issue if application comes across message does not have From and To fields it throws exceptions.

Thanks&Regards,

Sarfaraj

Hi Sarfaraj,

As per the discussion [here](https://forum.aspose.com/t/40865), this problem has already been logged in our tracking system under ticket Id NETWORKNET-33197. We are working on this and hopefully the fix will be released with Aspose.Email for .NET v1.7.0. I have attached this thread to the ticket for tracking purposes.

Your previously shared sample PST file did not throw any exception so we will require a sample that could reproduce the exception on our end. Please share the exception details and a sample file to probe further into this matter.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding,

HI BABAR,

Thanks for updating !!! i would like to draw your attention regarding one issue which i forgot to mention in previous post is that when message got deleted from PST file i open same PST file from which message deleted is still showing message is there [no doubt] there is no message in PST file for your reference i have attached here image .

Many Thanks,
SARFARAJ

Hi Sarfaraj,

Thank you for your response.

Again to remind you that we will not be able to evaluate the problem without a sample because it is very important to replicate any issue on our end to raise a ticket for it. Also I am unable to observe any exception with your previously shared samples so please share the file(s) (a PST or a set of messages) that could reproduce the error on our end.

saffu2011:
i would like to draw your attention regarding one issue which i forgot to mention in previous post is that when message got deleted from PST file i open same PST file from which message deleted is still showing message is there [no doubt] there is no message in PST file.

We have already addressed this problem and the fix is scheduled to release with Aspose.Email for .NET v1.6.0. I have attached this thread to the appropriate ticket (NETWORKNET-33143) from our bug tracking system.

Regards,

HI BABAR,

I have uploaded PST file on DROPBOX credential are same as provided before

• we are now comparing Excel file subject(here we changed to avoid problem due to CSVfile reading trouble) with PST file Subject .
  • PST file consist of 1050 messages using same PST file i extract messages Details in EXCEL file all message details now i removed 600 messages details from EXCEL file save EXCEL file same EXCEL file i passed for delete messages but here problem is that it delete messages[ delete All the messages ] but throwing exception for your reference i have attached log file.
  • we are trying to Delete message by comparing EXCEL file subject[ SMailSubject] with PST file subject[messageInfo.Subject].it is not comparing EXCEL file subject[ SMailSubject] with PST file subject[messageInfo.Subject] it delete all messages.

Many Thanks,

Sarfaraj

Hi Sarfaraj,

Thank you for the sample.

I will soon get back to you with my detailed analysis on your recent PST file.

Aspose.EmailSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ’..( )
at ’.œ.( )
at ’.œ.(ƒ )
at ’.”…ctor(ƒ , œ )
at ’.œ.—(ƒ )
at ’....MoveNext()
at ’..Œ‚(FolderInfo )
at Aspose.Email.Outlook.Pst.FolderInfo.GetContents()
at _Default.ExtractMessage(FolderInfo folderInfo, PersonalStorage pst, String sMailSubject, String sFrom, String sTo) in e:\pstdeleteexcel\Default.aspx.cs:line 209

The log file from your last reply shows System.NullReferenceException at Aspose.Email.Outlook.Pst.FolderInfo.GetContents() while extracting messages. If this is the same exception you are talking about then I would like to review the method ExtractMessage from your source code.

Regards,

HI BABAR,

Can you provide information reagarding release date of new Aspose version 1.06. or any approximate time .

Thanks &Regards,
Sarfaraj

Hi Sarfaraj,

We normally start the release process at the beginning of each month. So it is safe to say that the upcoming release (v1.6.0) is scheduled for the first quarter of the following month (April).

Could you please respond to my inquiry here.
Regards,

HI BABAR,

Sorry i forgot to respond on previously posted [here] query regarding[ NullReferenceException exception] but this issue was from our end we rectified it .

Many Thanks,
Sarfaraj

Hi Sarfaraj,

Thank you for your response.

It seems that you are no longer experiencing any exception with Aspose.Email API. If I’m wrong in my understanding then please share snapshots or recent logs exhibiting the exception discussed in Point 2 of your comments here.

Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as NETWORKNET-33143) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

HI BABAR,

The Below given are the some of the issue we have encountered while deleting message from PST using Aspose 1.6.0 version

• After Deleting the messages from PST file the size of the PST file remains the same it doesn’t change.
  • even after deleting messages folder shows messages inside even tough there are no messages.

above issue which i have earlier told you which we are still facing.

Thanks&Regards,

Sarfaraj
Hi Sarfaraj,

saffu2011:

• even after deleting messages folder shows messages inside even tough there are no messages.

The structure of PST allows you to delete items without the decrease in size of the .PST and .OST files in proportion to the data that you have deleted.

You can confirm this by deleting some messages using Outlook application. Even if you clean the Deleted Items folder, the file size will not change.

Outlook has separate option for this purpose but Aspose.Email does not provide support for this feature. We can add such feature on our roadmap but I am afraid at the moment we do not have sufficient number of requests for it.

saffu2011:

Could you please elaborate how are you testing this issue? What version of Outlook are you using for testing purposes? Please also share snapshots.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards

HI BABAR,

Thanks for your reply !!! There are many issue which we are facing while deleting the message from the PST Can you please come on Team Viewer at 2.30 P.M your local time so we will show you what problem we are facing in the application .

Many Thanks,
Sarfaraj

Hi Sarfaraj,

I am afraid, I will not be able to honour your request regarding the TeamViewer session according to the Free Support Policies. Although, we are more than happy to discuss any issue on product forum because forums are the only place where we provide support to all the customers regardless of their subscription.

In case of any problem with Aspose.Email component, please provide a sample application and snapshots for our review. We will soon test the issue using your particular scenario and try to provide the resolution for it.

Thank you for your understanding.

HI BABAR,

We would like to Purchase Aspose.Email.Outlook.Pst [Developer OEM] but we only need Delete functionality so what would be cost of that and we would also like to know the Procedure of Purchasing Your Product.

Regards,
Sarfaraj

Hi Sarfaraj,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

Your inquiry is regarding the purchase of our product, that is why I have already moved your request to the Aspose.Purchase forum. Please check the below thread link for your reference.
<a href="