NullReferenceException opening OOXML file if shared strings XML part has non-default name. Aspose.Cells 8.4.1

Scenario: Aspose.Cells 8.4.1. I try to open XLSM file (attached).

Issue: NullReferenceException is thrown.

During investigation I found out that bug connected with “\xl\sharedStrings.xml” XML part. In the attached file the name of this XML part is not default: “\xl\sharedStrings2.xml”.

I have not found any limitations on the name of XML part with shared strings in Open XML SDK. Moreover, Excel opens this kind of file without any problems.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for sharing your investigation results.

We have evaluated your presented scenario while using the latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET 8.4.1.3, and we are able to notice the System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object, at Workbook constructor. We have logged the problem in our bug tracking system under the ticket CELLSNET-43643 for further investigation & correction purposes. Please spare us little time to properly analyze the scenario, and get back to you with updates in this regard.

Hi again,

This is to bring in your knowledge that we have fixed the problem that was logged earlier as CELLSNET-43643. We will shortly provide the fix here after performing QA & incorporating other enhancements.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.1.5 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

When will the fix be included into the official release?

My concern is whether 8.4.1.5 passed full regression testing. Or only new code changes (fixes, enhancements) were tested? Please tell me if I can include this new dll into my production version or better to wait until you make official release in a month?

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

Well, we do perform regression and QA testing before publishing the fixes in the forums. But, we might not include all the test cases when performing tests with the hot fixes. And, yes, sure, you may use this fixed version for your production usage, the fix contains all the functionality and other enhancements full fledged. However, due to time and other certain restrictions, the fixes posted in the forums do not cover all the test cases as compared to the official releases of the product. By the way, our next official version is scheduled to be released in the next week of this month, the schedule may change depending upon certain feasibility factors though.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43643) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Tested the latest release. No issue.

Thanks,
Alex Shloma

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the confirmation. Please feel free to contact us back in case you need our further assistance with Aspose APIs.