workbook.Copy(source) changes the Category axis' Major Minor and Base units from "Auto" to "Reset"

Hi,

When I copy an existing workbook to another, the “Auto” setting of Major Unit, Minor Unit and Base Unit of Category Axis gets modified to “Reset” in the new one. You can compare between sample.xls and output.xls in “Format Axis -> Axis Options” for Category Axis.

I have attached a sample file for you to test:

Workbook w1 = new Workbook(“C:\Users\Desktop\sample.xls”);
Workbook w2 = new Workbook();

w2.Copy(w1);

w2.Save(“C:\Users\Desktop\output.xls”);

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the template file and sample code.

After an initial test, I observed the issue as you mentioned by using your sample code and template file. I found the Category axis’ Major, Minor and Base units in the chart are changed from Auto to Reset in the copied spreadsheet, see the screen shot for your reference:
http://prntscr.com/6k973z
e.g
Sample code:

Workbook w1 = new Workbook(“e:\test2\sample.xls”);
Workbook w2 = new Workbook();

w2.Copy(w1);

w2.Save(“e:\test2\output.xls”);

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-43505” for your issue. We will look into it soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.4.0.3 and let us know your feedback.

Hi,

The 8.4.0.3 version of Aspose does not have :

1. HyperlinkCollection.FindAll()
2. chart.NSeries.ForEach()
3. chart.Nseries.CopyTo()
4. “where” query pattern for Aspose.Cells.WorksheetCollection
5. Aspose.Cells.WoksheetCollection.Any()
6. Aspose.Cells.ChartCollection.Any()
7. worksheet.Charts.Single()

8. “Nseries” doesn’t get recognized in the following case :
foreach(var chart in sheet.Charts)
foreach(var series in chart.Nseries) <==

9. “Shapes” doesn’t get recognized in the following case :

foreach (var chart in sheet.Charts)
foreach (var shape in chart.Shapes) <==

All of the above do not cause any build errors in the 8.4.0.0 version

Please look into these issues.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

It is actually net2.0 dll, you actually need net3.5 dll that supports these methods. So you will have to wait till we release major version v8.4.1 which will also contains net3.5 dll. It will be released around 20 days from now.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43505) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-43505) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.
(1)