Find the page numbers of given nodes

Hello,
I need to find
the page numbers of given nodes with Aspose.Words.

As there is no direct way to do it, I’m using the workaround provided in the
attachment posted here.
I encounter
2 issues when using it:
1 – Error “java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Java heap space” – see post here

2 – Text “Error! Bookmark not defined.” inside footer instead of current page
number and total page number – after converting document to PDF
I gathered
both issues in only one java project to reproduce them.
Please,
could you analyse these issues?
Thank you
Regards

Hello,
With help
of Awais Hafeez (see post here), I used the solution based on LayoutCollector class and methods
GetStartPageIndex and GetEndPageIndex.

In this way, I solved the issue #1 about “java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap
space” but issue #2 “Error! Bookmark not defined” still exists.
Please,
find in attachment java projet updated with LayoutCollector class.
Thank you
for your analysis.
Regards

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your inquiry. I tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce ‘Error! Bookmark not defined’ message in output PDF documents on my side. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-8508. Our development team will further look into the details of this problem and we will keep you updated on the status of correction. We apologize for your inconvenience.

Best regards,

Hello Awais,

I have 2 questions about this issue WORDSNET-8508:
- Is it normal that the issue reference contains the NET word while the issue is concerning the JAVA component?
- Could you give me a delivery date for the correction?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Best regards,
Thibaut Nicolas

Hi Thibaut,

Thank you for being patient.

First off, we have a good news for you that is WORDSNET-8508 has now been resolved and it’s fix will be included in the next release of Aspose.Words (13.7.0) which is planned to be released by the end of July 2013. We will inform you via this thread as soon as the new release of Aspose.Words is published.

Secondly, please note that the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java is completely auto-ported from .NET, i.e. we do not write code for Aspose.Words for Java; it is generated out automatically from C# code of Aspose.Words for .NET. In your case, the issue, that was previously logged with WORDSNET prefix, would be auto resolved for Java variant of Aspose.Words as well.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-8508) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

Hello,

After tests with “Test_Aspose.Words_3_LayoutCollector.zip” (java project attached in previous message) and last Aspose.Words 13.7.0 library, the issue still occurs.
See results in attachments.
Please, could you check and investigate?
Thank you.

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your inquiry. Yes, you’re right; while using the latest version of Aspose.Words for Java i.e. 13.7.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side too. The problem was not completely resolved by WORDSNET-8508, I have now logged another issue in our bug tracking system as WORDSJAVA-766. Your request has also been linked to the appropriate issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSJAVA-766) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(11)

Thank you. It works as expected.

Best regards