64 bit support!

Hi,
We are currently using aspose for cells,PDF and word.

Does the same code work for windows 64 bit and the .net 64 bit environment? do you have additional support in that matter ?

regards,
Jaideep.

Hi Jaideep,

You don't need to change any code in your application.

After you install Aspose.Cells, you can find 2 dlls in the bin folder. To work for 64bit machine, please use the dll for .Net2.0.

Hi,

I am working with a 64 bit machine and downloaded a corresponding cells 64 bit dll (version 4.4.0.5) in my case.
When i try to render the excel export, it gives me a version mismatch error. I double checked that both the 32 and 64 bit dll’s are the same version.
Aspose words and pdf kit work fine for the 64 bit version tho.

Waiting for your response, please advise.

regards,
Jaideep.

Hi Jaideep,

Could you try the Net2.0 dll after installing our latest version (4.5): http://www.aspose.com/community/files/51/file-format-components/aspose.cells/entry133353.aspx

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,

Thanks for the quick response.

I am already using version 4.4.0.5 for the 32 bit version in our product. I need to make sure that the 2 versions are consistent with each other.
Is there a reason that Net 2.0 dll (4.4.0.5) wont work?
Please let me know.

Hi,

No, there is not any reason at all. Any how, we will check your issue and get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi Amjad,
Thanks for looking into it. Do you have an update for me yet ?

regards.
Jaideep.

Hi Jaideep,

I think your .net 2.0 dll is not correct. Please check its size. It should be larger than .net1.0 dll.

V4.4.0.5 is not a public released version so we won't build such a version now. You can download and try latest version.

Hi Laurence,
I have downloaded version 4.5.0.0 for cells, words, and pdf kit. I see that there are seperate dlls for .net 1.0 and .net 2.0 for all three. But when i use the 32 bit dlls from the .net 1.0 folder in my application on the 64 bit machine, it works just fine.

Would you know why ? Could you test it on your end and confirm it for me.

regards.
Jaideep.

…in addition to my previous post, it is 4.5.0.0 for cells, and the latest ones for the other products.

regards,
Jaideep.

Hi Jaideep,

We will check it and get back to you soon.

Thanks for being patient!

Hi Amjad,

Did you get a chance to check it ? Please let me know.

regards,
Jaideep.

.Net1.0 dll and .Net2.0 dll all work fine in 64bit machine. However, .Net1.0 dll runs in 32bit mode in 64bit machine. Since your application is a 32bit application, .Net1.0 dll works fine with it.

Hi,
thanks for the reply.

Our application is built as an “any CPU” install. So if it is being installed on a 64 bit machine it should work with the 64 bit dll, right?
When i use the .Net 2.0 dll it simply gives an error and still works with the .Net 1.0 one, maybe i am missing a point here.

Please advise.

regards,
Jaideep.

Our application is built as an "any CPU" install. So if it is being installed on a 64 bit machine it should work with the 64 bit dll, right?

No. You should build your application as an "any CPU" install and with .Net2.0 dll.

It seems that you build your application with .net1.0 dll. After you install Aspose.Cells, default dll is .net 1.0.

Hi,

Currently I need to work on Windows Server 2008 64 bit version. I got an error when i tried to install Aspose.Total on Windows 2008.Please suggest how to install on windows 2008.

Thanks,

Sree

Hi,

Well, I can only help regarding Aspose.Cells for .NET. Aspose.Cells for .NET works fine on Windows 2008 - 64 bits. See the topics for your reference:
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/system-requirements.html
http://www.aspose.com/documentation/.net-components/aspose.cells-for-.net/using-aspose-cells-component-on-32bit-and-64bit-platforms.html

Please try downloading latest version of Aspose.Cells for .NET product separately and install on your environment.

Thank you.