Several problem of saving into SVG format

Hi Aspose team

We are using Aspose Slide 16.12.0 to save PowerPoint files into SVG format with some fonts required installed in Linux environment.

Here is my code for a simple test:

Presentation pre;

if (StringUtils.isEmpty(password)) {
pre = new Presentation(filePath);
} else {
LoadOptions loadOps = new LoadOptions();
loadOps.setPassword(password);
pre = new Presentation(filePath, loadOps);
}

String dirName = UUID.randomUUID().toString();
File file = new File("" + dirName);
file.mkdirs();

for (int i = 0; i < pre.getSlides().size(); i++) {
ISlide slide = pre.getSlides().get_Item(i);

slide.writeAsSvg(new FileOutputStream("" + dirName + “/” + (i + 1) + “.svg”));

}

There are some problem in the result.
1.You can see that the characters in Page #1 and #3 are misplaced.
2.In page #2, the table is missing

I have uploaded the PowerPoint file, the result, and the fonts we installed in Linux.
Please help us to solve this problem, thanks.

P.S. Please rename 7z files like “fonts.7z.001” to unzip them

Hi Craig,

I have observed your comments. The presentation you shared is password protected. Can you please share password to open presentation so that i can investigate further to resolve your issue.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan.Ahmad

The password is “123456”

Hi Adnan.Ahmad

We met a PowerPoint file, which could also cause the problem 2.
After converting in Linux environment,
with 16.12.0, the Visio object in page 1 is not rendered in the result,
and with 16.8.0, only parts of diagram can be rendered in the result(but parts of text are not rendered).

The password of this file is also "123456"

Please see the attachment, and hope this helps, thank you.

Craig

Hi Craig,

I have worked with presentation file shared by you using Aspose.Slides 16.12.0 on windows 10 environment and unable to observe the issue. I have also shared my generated with you. Please see attachments. Can you please share environment details with us.

Best Regards,
Hi Adnan.Ahmad

I used following command retrieving system information.

uname -a
Linux d1ars04.novalocal 3.10.0-327.18.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu May 12 11:03:55 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

cat /etc/*-release
CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
NAME="CentOS Linux"
VERSION="7 (Core)"
ID="centos"
ID_LIKE="rhel fedora"
VERSION_ID="7"
PRETTY_NAME="CentOS Linux 7 (Core)"
ANSI_COLOR="0;31"
CPE_NAME="cpe:/o:centos:centos:7"
HOME_URL="https://www.centos.org/"
BUG_REPORT_URL="https://bugs.centos.org/"

CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT="CentOS-7"
CENTOS_MANTISBT_PROJECT_VERSION="7"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT="centos"
REDHAT_SUPPORT_PRODUCT_VERSION="7"

java -version
java version "1.7.0_101"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (rhel-2.6.6.1.el7_2-x86_64 u101-b00)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.95-b01, mixed mode)

Craig

Hi Craig,

I have observed your comments. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35839 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Craig,

Our product team investigated issue on our end and i got feedback from them. Can you please try to use Oracle jdk instead of open jdk. Product team investigated issue on CentOS 7 and unable to reproduce problem with missing table on slide 2. Please share feedback with us.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan.Ahmad

We will arrange the test of changing JDK to Oracle’s for file pusheen_2017_locked.ppt

Please Also check issue_20170106_locked.pptx in post 818741, the problem about Visio object embed in PowerPoint, which is rendered incrorrectly, thank you.

Hi Craig,

I have observed your comments and able to reproduce the visio object issue. A ticket with ID SLIDESJAVA-35891 has been created in our issue tracking system to further investigate and resolve the issue. This thread has been linked with issue so that you may be automatically notified once issue will be fixed.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi Adnan.Ahmad

With 17.1 and the both OpenJDK and OracleJDK, the table can be seen rendered in the result.

However the problem of misplaced characters still exists.
Please check this issue again, thank you~

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you very much for sharing feedback with us. Your feedback has been shared with our product team.

Best Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35891) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.

Hi there

I convert the file issue_20170106_locked.pptx (the PowerPoint file with Visio object embed) again with 17.2

Parts of diagrams and Chinese characters can be rendered correctly, but English characters and number characters are still disappeared.

Please check the result in the attachment again, thanks.

Hi Craig,

I have observed your comments. Can you please share fonts installed on your system with us for further investigation.

Best Regards,

Hi Adnan.Ahmad

Here is the output of fc-list

/usr/share/fonts/forread/TW-Sung-98_1.ttf: TW-Sung,全字庫正宋體:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/TW-Kai-Ext-B-98_1.ttf: TW-Kai-Ext-B,全字庫正楷體 Ext-B:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/MSJHBD.TTC: Microsoft JhengHei,微軟正黑體:style=Negreta,Bold,tučné,fed,Fett,Έντονα,Negrita,Lihavoitu,Gras,Félkövér,Grassetto,Vet,Halvfet,Pogrubiony,Negrito,Полужирный,Fet,Kalın,Krepko,Lodia
/usr/share/fonts/forread/wt011.ttf: HanWangHeiLight,王漢宗細黑體繁:style=Regular
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0611bt_.pfb: Courier 10 Pitch:style=Bold Italic
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/UTBI____.pfa: Utopia:style=Bold Italic
/usr/share/fonts/forread/msgothic.ttc: MS Gothic,MS ゴシック:style=Regular,標準
/usr/share/fonts/forread/msgothic.ttc: MS UI Gothic:style=Regular,標準
/usr/share/fonts/forread/timesbi.ttf: Times New Roman:style=Bold Italic,Negreta cursiva,tučné kurzíva,fed kursiv,Fett Kursiv,Έντονα Πλάγια,Negrita Cursiva,Lihavoitu Kursivoi,Gras Italique,Félkövér dőlt,Grassetto Corsivo,Vet Cursief,Halvfet Kursiv,Pogrubiona kursywa,Negrito Itálico,Полужирный Курсив,Tučná kurzíva,Fet Kursiv,Kalın İtalik,Krepko poševno,nghiêng đậm,Lodi etzana
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0419bt_.pfb: Courier 10 Pitch:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/MSJHBD.TTC: Microsoft JhengHei UI:style=Negreta,Bold,tučné,fed,Fett,Έντονα,Negrita,Lihavoitu,Gras,Félkövér,Grassetto,Vet,Halvfet,Pogrubiony,Negrito,Полужирный,Fet,Kalın,Krepko,Lodia
/usr/share/fonts/forread/WINGDING.TTF: Wingdings:style=Regular,normal,Standard,Normaali,Normale,Standaard,Normálne,Navadno
/usr/share/fonts/forread/ARIALNBI.TTF: Arial,Arial Narrow:style=Narrow,Negreta cursiva,tučné kurzíva,fed kursiv,Fett Kursiv,Έντονα Πλάγια,Bold Italic,Negrita Cursiva,Lihavoitu Kursivoi,Gras Italique,Félkövér dőlt,Grassetto Corsivo,Vet Cursief,Halvfet Kursiv,Pogrubiona kursywa,Negrito Itálico,Полужирный Курсив,Tučná kurzíva,Fet Kursiv,Kalın İtalik,Krepko poševno,Lodi etzana
/usr/share/fonts/forread/MSJH.TTC: Microsoft JhengHei UI:style=Normal,Regular,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta
/usr/share/fonts/forread/arialbi.ttf: Arial:style=Bold Italic,Negreta cursiva,tučné kurzíva,fed kursiv,Fett Kursiv,Έντονα Πλάγια,Negrita Cursiva,Lihavoitu Kursivoi,Gras Italique,Félkövér dőlt,Grassetto Corsivo,Vet Cursief,Halvfet Kursiv,Pogrubiona kursywa,Negrito Itálico,Полужирный Курсив,Tučná kurzíva,Fet Kursiv,Kalın İtalik,Krepko poševno,nghiêng đậm,Lodi etzana
/usr/share/fonts/forread/arialbd.ttf: Arial:style=Bold,Negreta,tučné,fed,Fett,Έντονα,Negrita,Lihavoitu,Gras,Félkövér,Grassetto,Vet,Halvfet,Pogrubiony,Negrito,Полужирный,Fet,Kalın,Krepko,đậm,Lodia
/usr/share/fonts/forread/mingliub.ttc: PMingLiU-ExtB,新細明體-ExtB:style=Regular
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0648bt_.pfb: Bitstream Charter:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/wt001.ttf: HanWangMingLight,王漢宗細明體繁:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/WEBDINGS.TTF: Webdings:style=Regular,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta
/usr/share/fonts/forread/ARIALNB.TTF: Arial,Arial Narrow:style=Narrow,Negreta,tučné,fed,Fett,Έντονα,Bold,Negrita,Lihavoitu,Gras,Félkövér,Grassetto,Vet,Halvfet,Pogrubiony,Negrito,Полужирный,Fet,Kalın,Krepko,Lodia
/usr/share/fonts/forread/MSJH.TTC: Microsoft JhengHei,微軟正黑體:style=Normal,Regular,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta
/usr/share/fonts/forread/times.ttf: Times New Roman:style=Regular,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,thường,Arrunta
/usr/share/fonts/forread/MSJHL.TTC: Microsoft JhengHei UI,Microsoft JhengHei UI Light:style=Light,Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/NotoSansCJKtc-Regular.otf: Noto Sans CJK TC,Noto Sans CJK TC Regular:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/opensymbol/opens___.ttf: OpenSymbol:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/MSJHL.TTC: Microsoft JhengHei,微軟正黑體,微軟正黑體 Light,Microsoft JhengHei Light:style=Light,Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/timesbd.ttf: Times New Roman:style=Bold,Negreta,tučné,fed,Fett,Έντονα,Negrita,Lihavoitu,Gras,Félkövér,Grassetto,Vet,Halvfet,Pogrubiona,Negrito,Полужирный,Fet,Kalın,Krepko,đậm,Lodia
/usr/share/fonts/forread/mingliub.ttc: MingLiU_HKSCS-ExtB,細明體_HKSCS-ExtB:style=Regular
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/cursor.pfa: Cursor:style=Regular
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/UTB_____.pfa: Utopia:style=Bold
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0583bt_.pfb: Courier 10 Pitch:style=Bold
/usr/share/fonts/forread/arial.ttf: Arial:style=Regular,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,thường,Arrunta
/usr/share/fonts/forread/timesi.ttf: Times New Roman:style=Italic,cursiva,kurzíva,kursiv,Πλάγια,Kursivoitu,Italique,Dőlt,Corsivo,Cursief,kursywa,Itálico,Курсив,İtalik,Poševno,nghiêng,Etzana
/usr/share/fonts/forread/ARIALNI.TTF: Arial,Arial Narrow:style=Narrow,Cursiva,kurzíva,kursiv,Πλάγια,Italic,Kursivoitu,Italique,Dőlt,Corsivo,Cursief,Kursywa,Itálico,Курсив,İtalik,Poševno,Etzana
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/UTI_____.pfa: Utopia:style=Italic
/usr/share/fonts/forread/mingliub.ttc: MingLiU-ExtB,細明體-ExtB:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/ariblk.ttf: Arial,Arial Black:style=Black,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Regular,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta
/usr/share/fonts/forread/ariali.ttf: Arial:style=Italic,Cursiva,kurzíva,kursiv,Πλάγια,Kursivoitu,Italique,Dőlt,Corsivo,Cursief,Kursywa,Itálico,Курсив,İtalik,Poševno,nghiêng,Etzana
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0582bt_.pfb: Courier 10 Pitch:style=Italic
/usr/share/fonts/forread/msgothic.ttc: MS PGothic,MS Pゴシック:style=Regular,標準
/usr/share/fonts/forread/TW-Kai-Plus-98_1.ttf: TW-Kai-Plus,全字庫正楷體 Plus:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/wt006.ttf: HanWangYenLight,王漢宗細圓體繁:style=Regular
/usr/share/fonts/forread/TW-Kai-98_1.ttf: TW-Kai,全字庫正楷體:style=Regular
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0633bt_.pfb: Bitstream Charter:style=Bold Italic
/usr/share/fonts/forread/ARIALN.TTF: Arial,Arial Narrow:style=Narrow,Normal,obyčejné,Standard,Κανονικά,Regular,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,Обычный,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0649bt_.pfb: Bitstream Charter:style=Italic
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/c0632bt_.pfb: Bitstream Charter:style=Bold
/usr/share/X11/fonts/Type1/UTRG____.pfa: Utopia:style=Regular

If you need more information, please tell me, thank you~

Craig

Hi Craig,

I like to share that the main issue of Visio object has been resolved in Aspose.Slides for Java and it is getting evident from the SVG shared by you as well. Are you using Open JDK on your end. If so, I request you to please try using Oracle JDK on your end. If there is still issue then please provide the fonts used in your presentation so that we may further investigate the issue on our end.

Many Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SLIDESJAVA-35839) have been fixed in this update.