Incorrect rendering when outputting to Excel 2007

Good afternoon.

I have a report where the report render correctly to native Excel but merges cells when exporting to Excel 2007 via Aspose.

Could you have a look please. Files are attached.

Regards

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services (SSRS2008R2) V1.9.0.55.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

${SQL Server 2008 R2 Reporting Services}\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin.

Let us know your run results.

If your issue still occurs, then please highlight your issues with red circles in a screenshot between xls and xlsx exports.

Hi,

Unfortunately the issue is still occuring. I have attached a compariosn screen shot as well as the 2 file types in question.

Thanks

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your files and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We were able to observe the issues in the XLSX rendering via Aspose.Cells. We have logged this issue in our database for investigation. We will look into it and fix this issue. Once, the issue is resolved or we have some other update for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as SSRS-40140.

Hi,

We have found the issues and fixed them.

Please try the fixed version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services (SSRS2008R2) V1.9.0.59.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder:

Please let us know your run results.

Hi,

The winzip file you have supplied appears to be unreadable, could you post it again please?

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.

I have reattached the zip file. You should be able to download and unzip it. Let us know if you face any issue. We will look into it and help you asap.

Bit of a problem as I now get a message saying the aspose is an evaluation version and it doesn’t output anything.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

Please check if your license has expired. You can check your Subscription Expiry date in your license file by opening it in notepad.

It should work even in Evaluation mode, so we are not sure, why you get no output. We have logged your comment against this issue. We will look into it further and update you asap.

Please also provide your log file i.e Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.log. It should tell what’s gone wrong.

Hi,

Our licence had expired however now that is sorted we still have a problem with the latest file you provided. When i use version V1.9.0.59 - nothing works at all, I can no longer output files instead I get the error message

An error occurred while exporting the report.
error message Access is denied
stack trace at System.Diagnostics.ProcessManager.OpenProcess(Int32 processId, Int32 access, Boolean throwIfExited)
at System.Diagnostics.NtProcessManager.GetModuleInfos(Int32 processId, Boolean firstModuleOnly)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.get_Modules()
at š..(String applicationName)
at Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.Renderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream)

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have logged your comment in our database against this issue. We will look into it and help you. Please spare us some time. Once, there is some update for you, we will let you know asap.

Hi,

Thanks for using Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services.

We have removed the GetCurrentProcess() method from the latest version.

Please try the latest version: Aspose.Cells for Reporting Services v1.9.0.62.

Please copy Aspose.Cells.ReportingServices.dll into following folder :

Please let us know your run results.

If you still face the issue, please post your report file here. We will check it ASAP.

Thank you this has resolved both the issues.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved by the new fix. We have closed your ticket now. Feel free to contact us any time if you need further help or have some other issue or queries, we will be happy to assist you soon.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as SSRS-40140) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.