How to Add new Notes to the SlideEx

Hi,

In earlier version of the Slide we can add notes with the function AddNotes() . How we can do this in the new SlideEx class? In the new SlideEx class, I could not be able to find any way of adding new notes to the slide.

Adding notes to the new slide is one of the main feature of our project. Your earliest support will be a great help in upgrading the project.

Thanks in Advance

ReadyToHelp

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for considering Aspose.Slides.

I am afraid that currently feature for adding slide notes in PPTX is currently unavailable. However, you can add slide notes in MS PowerPoint and can access and modify them in Aspose.Slides.

As a work around you can add slide notes in one of slides from MS PowerPoint. Then instead of adding new slides from Aspose.Slides, use AddClone() method to clone the slide and slide notes will also get copied. You can now access the slide notes of cloned slides and can modify them as well. Please use the code snippet below to see how to access the slide notes and modify them. For reference the sample presentation file is also attached.

PresentationEx pres = new PresentationEx("D://ppt//notext.pptx");

//Access the first slide
SlideEx sld = pres.Slides[0];

//Creating Slide note instance
NotesSlideEx note = sld.NotesSlide;

//Casting to autoshape
AutoShapeEx shp1 = (AutoShapeEx)note.Shapes[1];

//Accessing autoshape's text frame
TextFrameEx txt1 = shp1.TextFrame;

//Extracting Slide notes
MessageBox(txt1.Text);

//Updating Slide notes
txt1.Text = "Text has Changed";

pres.Write("D://ppt//notext.pptx");

Moreover, an issue with issue id 14157 has already been created on our Issue Tracking System to fix the problem. This thread has also been associated with this issue, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Is there any positive updates in terms of adding notes to pptx slide?

Thanks

ReadyToHelp

Hi Sachin,

I regret to share with you that I have verified from our issue tracking system and the issue is still unresolved. You may please use the work around method share in my earlier post for the time being.

We are sorry for your inconvenience,

Hi,

Is there any positive updates in terms of adding notes to pptx slide?

Thanks

ReadyToHelp

Hello Dear,

I am in consultation with our development team about the ETA of the issue. I will update you ASAP. I really appreciate your patience for that.

Thanks and Regards,

Hello Dear,

I have received response from our development team. We are hopeful to share the fix with you by next week end. We really appreciate your patience for all this.

Thanks and Regards,

Hi,

Its already 2 week passed and I am still wating for your fix. we need this functionality very badly. Can you please update me exect date when can we get the fix for this issues.

Thanks

Hello Dear,

I would like to share that issue of adding slides notes have been resolved in Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.6. Please download the mentioned product version from here. Please use the following code snippet to add the slide notes.

PresentationEx notePres = new PresentationEx();

NotesSlideEx notes=notePres.Slides[0].AddNotesSlide();

notes.NotesTextFrame.Text = "Hello World";

notePres.Write("D:\\NotePres.pptx");

Thanks and Regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as 14157) have been fixed in this intermediate release of Aspose.Slides for .NET 4.4.6.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.
(1)