Pivot table not retaining conditional formatting

Hi,

Could I get some help on a problem please. I seem to be getting different results from two different excel files when doing the same thing.

I have two files; “test input.xlsx” which is an excel file created from scratch the normal Microsoft Office way, and “test input2.xlsx” which was generated with the use of Aspose.Cells.

I have attached small project which can demonstrate the problem.
  • When running this project and selecting the “test input.xlsx” file, it will generate an excel and a pdf file; looking at the xlsx file, you can see that the formatting is in the wrong range (not the pivot table’s totals row).
  • When running this project and selecting the “test input2.xlsx” file, it will again, generate an excel file and a pdf file; opening the generated xlsx file, you can see that an error appears about unreadable content.
Both of the above tests results in a generated xlsx file with incorrect conditional formatting.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

For issue#1, please illustrate yourself with screenshots.

For issue#2, we were able to replicate this issue using your sample project. The output file shows the unreadable content message on opening. We have logged this issue in our database. We will look into it and fix the issue. Once, there is some update available for you, we will let you know asap.

This issue has been logged as CELLSNET-41656.

Hi,

Issue #1:
I have found the issue as you have mentioned. The conditional formatting is not rendered fine in the output Excel and PDF file. See the screen shot below.
When I opened the output Excel file into MS Excel and then manually did the “Refresh All” for the pivot table, the conditional formatting appeared in the total row.

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-41658” for your issue. We will look into your issue soon.

Once we have any update on it, we will let you know here.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells.

We have looked into this feature. We could not support calculating conditionalformatting in pivot table now, we will support it later.

Hi,

Thanks for your using Aspose.Cells.

We have fixed the issues (CELLSNET-41656, CELLSNET-41658).

Please download and try the latest fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v8.2.1.5 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-41658;CELLSNET-41656) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.