99% CPU Utilization after installing 2.3.3

I downloaded v2.3.3 on Monday to take advantage of the new XMailer property. After copying the new dll to the Aspose.Network bin folder and reloading VS.NET 2005 I have noticed that within seconds the CPU utilization for devenv.exe on my machine shoots to 99%. Although the rest of the machine still functions sluggishly, VS.NET is totally unresponsive. I have to use the task mgr to kill the process.

I have narrowed it down to the 2.3.3 version. I have tried stopping all unnecessary services (including firewall and AV). Nothing helped. I have read all the KB articles on performance related issues that Microsoft has posted. I found that as soon as I reinstalled the 2.3.2 version everything went back to working correctly. I have been able to write code, debug, build release versions and work for about 2 hours. Where with the 2.3.3 version I had maybe a second or two before the IDE stopped responding.

I have read the limited posts here and wonder if anyone else has experienced a similar problem. I know that the latest release is 2.3.2, but I can't be the only person to have stumbled across the 2.3.3 hotfix in a previous post.

Anyway, I can live for now with the working version, but I am looking forward to being able to customize the XMailer.

Hello,

Thanks for supporting Aspose.Network!

The symptom you mentioned has never happened before to our knowledge, but I am sure it did happen in your case, and I understand the pain one may go through when his CPU usage is 99% all the time.

We will initiate a test cycle for 2.3.3 running @ 2005 and get back to you as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks again.

Hi, dreamkey,

Could you download the latest hotfix and give it another go? We cannot reproduce your case, but rebuild a new hotfix and verify it in 2005. It works normally.

http://www.aspose.com/Downloads/Aspose.Network/2.3.4.0/Default.aspx

Feel free to let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks very much.