Bug:: row height and hidden columns are lost after adding password protection to the existing file

Dear sirs,

We are interested in buying Aspose cells licence, but during testing of demo version of Aspose cells I found two bugs. I tried to add password protection to the existing excel file from Aspose libarary and everything works fine regarding that. But when I saved those changes, all hidden columns became visible and height for all rows where we changed height manually was reset to some default value.

Please, can you fix this bug?

Hi,

Thanks for considering Aspose

Could you try our latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v7.3.5.3 if it makes any difference.

If you still find the issue, kindly give us/paste your sample code here and attach your template Excel files (input and output). Preferably you may create a sample console demo application, zip it and attach it here. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you

We are using the latest version for Java - Aspose cells 7.3.5. In attachment you can find demo application and demo file. When we add password protection to this file, row height settings and hidden column are lost.

Thank you very much for the support.

Hi,

Thanks for providing us the sample project including code segment and template file.

I can notice the issue as you have mentiioned. After encrypting the file, when I opened the output file into MS Excel, the file is protected and I have to provide the password, that is fine. But when I see the row 2 in the sheet etc. the cells data is visible which is not somewhat identical to its original file.

Sample code:
Workbook workbook = new Workbook( new FileInputStream( new File( “demo.xlsx” ) ) );

workbook.getSettings().setPassword( “demo” );

workbook.save( “error.xlsx” );

I have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSJAVA-40424” for your issue. We will look into your issue to figure it out soon.

Thank you.

Dear sirs,

Can you tell me what is the status of this ticket? Is problem resolved?
Hi,

I have checked with latest version/fix, and your issue is fixed to me as I tested with it using your code and template file.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.4.0.1 and let us know your feedback.

Thank you.

Dear sirs,

I tested with latest version of Aspose.Cells for Java v7.4.0.1 and here are the results:

1) Bug with hidden columns is fixed.

2) Bug with row height is not fully fixed. E.g. When there is a row with row height set to 0, this row is unhidden after putting password protection to the document. Take a look at demo code attached here.

Hi,

I have tested your 2nd case and found the issue as you have pointed out.

You are right, the issue is not fully fixed. When there are some rows with “0” height and we set password for the workbook to save the file. Now, those hidden rows are appeared again.

I have reopened your issue “CELLSJAVA-40424” again. We will soon look into it.

Thank you.

Please let me know when this bug is fixed because I cannot check the status of the bug in Jira (I am not having login parameters).

Hi,

Well, I cannot tell this at the moment. For your information, our concerned Chinese developers are on leave for their annual spring festival. They will be back in the next week. Once they are back, we will try to provide the fix before the end of next week or so.

Please keep in touch.

And, yes JIRA is our internal issue tracking system, you cannot access it, so you have to always have to ask us to know the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thanks for your posting and using Aspose.Cells for Java.

We have fixed the issue of row height.

Please download and try this fix: Aspose.Cells for Java v7.4.0.4 and let us know your feedback.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSJAVA-40424;CELLSJAVA-40424) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.