A named range's name changed from _xlnm.Recorder to Recorder when converted a XLSB file to XLSM

Hi,
I am converting the attached XLSB file to XLSM using Aspose, and in the path \xl\workbook.xml we have a definedName tag with name “Recorder” but when doing this conversion using MS Excel it is having the name “_xlnm.Recorder”.
So, It looks while doing the conversion using Aspose the name seems to be getting changed.

NamedRangeChange.zip (11.8 KB)

@vedavyas.velaga,

Thanks for the sample file.

I tested your scenario/case to convert your XLSB file to XLSM file format. I then checked the source workbook.xml file at your mentioned path, it’s name is mentioned fine as “Recorder” in the file. So, I could not find the issue. I am using latest version/fix: Aspose.Cells for .NET v22.6.1, so kindly try it if you are not already using it.

Yes, it is having the name “Recorder” where as ideally it should be “_xlnm.Recorder”.

@vedavyas.velaga,

Thanks for providing further details.

Where (in which file path) it is documented as “_xlnm.Recorder” in the source XLSB file, how can I check it?

I have converted the xlsb to xlsm using MS Excel application then in that xlsm file we can see this name in the same path i.e. \xl\workbook.xml

@vedavyas.velaga,

Still not sure if “_xlnm.Recorder” named range’s name is right or “Recorder” is right. In MS Excel’s front end interface, “Recorder” is shown. Anyways, is this name documented in source XLSB as I could not
spot it?

Yes, In front end it is showing only Recorder though in XML we can see _xlnm prefix.
Actually this “_xlnm.Recorder” is some kind of internal / built in Name, but not manually created one.
So, the expectation is that when we use Aspose it shouldn’t change them to normal Name i.e. _xlnm need to be present.

@vedavyas.velaga,

Thanks for providing further details.

We will discuss and evaluate the issue internally soon. Then, we may log appropriate ticket for it.

We will get back to you soon with more updates.

@vedavyas.velaga,
We have logged a ticket with an id “CELLSNET-51494” for your issue. We will look into it soon and make the behavior same with ms excel in later fix/versions.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CELLSNET-51494) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by johnson.shi