A problem importing pdf

Hi,
We use Aspose Words in a number of web based applications for document conversion, etc. One app allows the user to upload files to a server. These files can then be viewed in another web app. To be consistent all source files, whatever format they are, are converted and saved by Aspose in pdf format. However I am now building an app for the legal department to gather together all files and information for any individual in our system. As part of this I now need to import the uploaded individual files into a new single file and save it as a pdf. This will obviously save the legal department as lot of time as currently they have to track down all the information and print it out. As some individuals can have hundreds of records then this is time consuming and tedious.
All has gone well until I came to this section. Even though we used Aspose to create the pdfs in the first place I cannot now open the files with Aspose Words and therefore cannot import them into my new document. Aspose throws a format not recognised error.
Can anybody offer a work around for this?
Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your inquiry. You can not load a PDF document into Aspose.Words’ DOM. With Aspose.Words, you can load only the formats listed in the following page:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words/loadformat

Secondly, if this is a Word document you’re getting this problem with, please attach this Word document and the corresponding original Word document here for testing. We will investigate the issue on our end and provide you more information.

Best regards,

Hi Awais,
Thanks for the reply. I am creating a new document using Aspose (this is eventually saved as a PDF) and am importing into it all sorts of information from a number of sources. One of the sources has PDF documents that were created by Aspose. I would like to import these but as Aspose Word cannot do this I am stymied. In order to get around the problem I am copying the files to the server and putting a hyperlink in my new document so that the user can open the documents and view/save them using the PDF viewer.
Would Aspose PDF overcome this issue?
Regards
Mike

Hi Mike,
Yes, you can use Aspose.Pdf for .NET for this purpose. Please check https://docs.aspose.com/pdf/net/concatenate-pdf-documents/ for more details.
Best Regards,

Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The reason you are getting an issue while trying to open PDF file with Aspose.Words is because it cannot open PDF documents. However we have an API named Aspose.Pdf which provides the feature to create PDF files from scratch or manipulate existing PDF files. So as per your requirement, you can concatenate all PDF files into single resultant document, add hyperlinks inside PDF and much more. However it does not support the feature to display/view the PDF documents. In order to display/view the PDF files, you may consider using ViewerApp of our sister company named GroupDocs.

In case I have not properly understood your requirement, please share some further details.

Thanks Mahammad and Nayyer. Viewing the finished document is not a problem. we will look at the Aspose.pdf module but as I work for the NHS cash is always an issue. This is also the reason why I can’t share documents as they contain personal information.
Regards
Mike

Hi Mike,

We only require the document/source file if you encounter any issue while using our API. And also please note that all the documents shared by our customers are used for testing purposes only and once the particular problem is resolved, we remove these documents from our system.