About Chart to Image functionality for for MS Excel 2007

Hi,

we would like to create images from Excel 2007 type charts. Currently only very simple charts work more or less which is not sufficient for us. I read that Aspose is working on this functionality:

nausherwan.aslam:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Also, we have started to develop converting Chart2Image feature for MS Excel 2007

and it’s scheduled to finish in August.

Thank You & Best Regards,

I'd like to know if Aspose is planning to support the conversion of charts to images of 3D charts such that they really look the same in the image as in Excel. And is the functionality mentioned above still scheduled for August? Is there or will there be beta versions of this improved functionality? It would also be very nice to have a good conversion to SVG as well.

Hi,

Hopefully, we can support most of 2D-charts and part of 3D charts of MS Excel 2007 (for Chart2Image feature) in August.

By the way could you tell which important MS Excel 2007 3D charts you need the most, we may check it first for your requirements.

Thank you.

Thanks, it would be great if we could use this functionality in the near future.

I think that in the beginning we would mainly use the 3d bar chart, 3d bar stack and 3d pie chart.

Not that we woulnd't appreciate the support for the other graphs as well.

Just to be sure: is Aspose planning to have Chart::toImage(...) to result in a image like the one I attached here? This would be in the case of a 3d bar chart and export to PNG in Excel2007 fashion. And very important: will this be available in the Java version op Aspose.cells ?

Hi,

Thanks for the sharing further details.

Well, we shared our plans for .NET version of the product.

For Java version of the product, we will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

For Java version of the product, we plan to support 3D bar chart, 3D bar stack chart and 3D pie chart in September 2010.

Thank you.

Hi,

thanks again. We're planning to wait for it and in the meanwhile start creating functionality using this chart::toImage() method in anticipation it will generate better images in September.

Thanks,

Bas Kaptijn