About conversion &

hi,
i am extremely new to aspose
i am a simple writter who wants to finish a book in epub format)

i have installed a trial version
i would like to make a test of a conversion from .doc to epub
could you tell me please the basic steps, a simple guide in order to make the test

i shall appreciate your help!

jaime

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in our product.
The easiest way to convert your doc document in epub format, use code like this:

License lic = new License();
lic.SetLicense("Aspose.Words.lic");

Document document = new Document("X:\\in.doc");
document.Save("X:\\out.epub", SaveFormat.Epub);

If you have any difficulties, do not hesitate to ask, we’ll be happy to assist you.

viktor,

thanks for your help

this may sound a very naive question (and it is !) but could you tell me please the basic steps in order to insert this “command” ?

please, the very first steps

thanks again!

jaime

Hi Jaime,
Thanks for your inquiry.
I think Aspose.Words Express will be more suited to your needs. Express provides you with a graphical interface and allows you to convert any type of word document into EPUB. Also best of all - it is free.
You can download Aspose.Words Express from here.
If you have any troubles, please feel free to ask for help.
Thanks.

It is not clear what you mean.
Our component does not have any external UI to work with it. It is the component that you add to your project in any development environment (mostly in MS Visual Studio .Net). Please read this article in our documentation: https://docs.aspose.com/words/net/installation/

viktor,
thanks again for the link

i shall study it later

all the good!

jaime

adam,

thanks for your help and advice

i have already installed it!

i made the conversion of a file test, i got the epub file…but: …it just made the conversion of 1 page (word page)
the file is in word, in spanish, the doc has lots of accents, 4-5 pages long

any ideas?
i shall appreciate it!
(thanks!)

jaime

adam,

i send you test file (from the original doc) that i could not covert well with a w express

thanks in advance for your help

all the good

jaime

Hi Jaime,
Thanks for attaching your documents here.
I managed to reproduce the issue on my side. The reason this is occuring is because HTML generally does not have any page concept, therefore page breaks are ignored by most viewers.
In the full version of Aspose.Words, there are options to split content at page and section breaks into separate HTML files. This produces different pages in EPUB viewers but I’m afraid these options are not provided in Aspose.Words Express.
There is a work around method that could be used by utilizing the split at headings option which is avaliable in Express but it is rather complicated to do. Instead I will log your request for this setting (at least being able to set this behaviour by default). I will keep you informed of any developments.
Thanks,

thanks adam!

Hi Jaime,
It seems that Digital Editions will treat a new page section break as a break and move content to the next page in the viewer. You can refactor your document to use these section breaks instead of page breaks and the output should appear as expected.
I’m not sure if this is the same behaviour on other viewers though, if you run into any troubles please feel free to ask here.
Thanks,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-4815) have been fixed in this .NET update and in this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.