About Deployment Licence!

hi,
We have bought both Development licence and Deployment Licence for Aspose word.
I have used the development Licence file and I am calling the Licence file path like this,

// Iam using the Web application in C#.
LicenseFileASPos has a path of License file.

LicenseFileASPos = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings[“ASPoseLicence”].ToString ();

StreamReader licenseReader = new StreamReader(LicenseFileASPos, UnicodeEncoding.UTF7);

Word.SetLicense(licenseReader,this);

The Development License file is working perfectly.We didn’t change any code.In Deployment machine,we are using Deployment Licence File.

We gave the path of Deployment Licence File path to LicenseFileASPos .

But we got problem.We need to change any code for Deployment Licenece.
Can you help me please.

Bye,

What is the error message that you have with the deployment license?

I got error like this in Deployment Machine,

Server Error in '/KKMREIS' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Aspose.Word' does not match the assembly reference.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest definition with name 'Aspose.Word' does not match the assembly reference.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Aspose.Word' could not be loaded.

But In my Development Machine,Aspose.word.dll file under
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\KKH\BIN Folder.So my project -->Add Reference point to this path.

But in my Deployment machine,aspose.word.dll file under E:\Prod\Bin folder.

I just deployed all files whatever under the Development machine to Deployment Machine.

How to solve the Error help me.

This is not a license issue.

This problem is caused by the fact that your application was compiled with one version of Aspose.Word.dll, but you are trying to run it with another version. Aspose.Word.dll is strongly named, so the version your application was compiled with must be used to run the application.

Obviously I cannot solve this problem because I don't have direct access to your machine. Only you can. I can only give some general ideas.

To check Aspose.Word.dll version, you can right click on the dll, select Properties and see version. It will be something like 2.0.1 or whatever your version is.

Aspose.Word.dll is installed to C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word\bin by default. When you add a reference to Aspose.Word to your project, the dll is referenced in this folder and normally copied locally to your project's bin folder.

To check what version of Aspose.Word.dll your project references, select the reference and select Properties. You will see the version of the referenced Aspose.Word.dll.

When you compile your project, if its an ASP.NET application, your normally need to copy all .aspx files and the content of the bin folder if you want to deploy the application. Aspose.Word.dll should be in the bin folder of your application already. So ideally, if you copied your application to another machine, it should work without any problems.

If you want to use another version of Aspose.Word.dll, I think you might need to recompile your application (because of strong naming I mentioned before).

If that still does not work and you get the version error - it means there is still a problem with the version and somehow wrong version of Aspose.Word.dll is being used on one of the machines. You need to look at the configuration files and probably GAC on both machines, maybe there is some redirect to a different version is specified somewhere. Please see MSDN docs on configuration and DLL versioning.

hi,
In my development machine,the Aspose.word.dll under

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\KKH\Bin Folder and project refernce also points to same path.

In my Deployment machine,the Aspose.word.dll under

E:\Prod\Bin Folder.

I copied the all files and bin folder also to E:\Prod (in my clent place , we need to copy the files to particular path only) .I have doubt.IS my project Reference still points to C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\KKH\Bin Folder .

In my development machine I don’t have E: drive.
In my deployment there is no folder like C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\KKH\Bin Folder .

How to sove this problem.Our customers are waiting.Please help me.

Try following my instructions exactly:

1. Install Aspose.Word on your development machine. It will install into C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word.

2. Open your project on your development machine and remove the reference to Aspose.Word. Add the reference again, select Aspose.Word from the list of the available assemblies (it should appear in the list). The added reference will be pointing to C:\Program Files\Aspose\Aspose.Word\Bin\Aspose.Word.dll.

3. Rebuild the project, make sure there are no warning or error messages like “cannot copy Aspose.Word.dll” or whatever. Make sure the recompile succeeded.

4. Copy your project to the deployment server and run.