Absolute position text

Hello,

I'm trying to absolute position a text on a page. I would like to draw a text the same way you do in GDI+, a text positioned with a rectangle and all the text that falls outside the rectangle gets clipped.

The way I would prefer to do this would be (or something similar):

Rect and text test Rect and text test Rect and text test

I tried several things, eg:

But I can't get the result I want. Any suggestions?

/ Adrian Rosca

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for considering Aspose.

You can use floating box with borders. Please refer to “Working with Floating Box” at [http://www.aspose.com/Wiki/Default.aspx/Aspose.Pdf/](https://forum.aspose.com/Wiki/Default.aspx/Aspose.Pdf/).

Thank you for your help Tommy.

It almost worked as I wanted, except for one thing. The floating box expands when the texts overflows. I want the floatingbox to clip the text. I'm looking for the same effect you would get in HTML+CSS with the following code:

Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello
Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello Hello

I used this xml for the floatingbox:

<Pdf xmlns="Aspose.Pdf">
<Section>
<FloatingBox Left="1cm" Top="2cm" Width="3,5cm" Height="3,5cm" BoxHorizontalPositioning="Page" BoxVerticalPositioning="Page" BackgroundColor="Gray">
<Border>
<All LineWidth="1"></All>
</Border>
<Text>
<Segment>
</Segment>
</Text>
</FloatingBox>
</Section>
</Pdf>

What am I missing?

With regards,
/ Adrian Rosca

Clipping text is not supported currently. We will support it later but it can’t be available in short time.

Hi Tommy,

I was wondering if this text clipping is currently available or not. This would make doing Mailing Labels more manageable.

Hi,

It is a known issue which had been logged as PDFNET-6248 in our defect tracking system. I think we need about one week to support it. I will send you an update once it is ready. Thanks for your patience.

Best regards.

Hi,

We have found a solution for this issue. However, we need aspose words team’s cooperation to implement it. We will consult with them and let you know our plan on it.

Best regards.