AbstractMethodError: JRXlsAbstractExporter.setColumnWidth

I just downloaded evaluation version of Apose.Cells for JasperReports 1.1.1 but cannot make it work. I am using jasperreports-4.5.0.2.jar and Apose.Cells.Jasperreports.jar from the download package folder Aspose.Cells.JasperReports\lib\JasperReports 3.7

I don’t get it where it goes wrong.

[DEBUG 2012-10-16 15:17:03] java.lang.AbstractMethodError: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.setColumnWidth(IIZ)V
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.setColumnWidths(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:1160)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportPage(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:844)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReportToStream(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:804)
at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.export.JRXlsAbstractExporter.exportReport(JRXlsAbstractExporter.java:496)
at com.aspose.cells.jasperreports.ACXlsExporter.exportReport(Unknown Source)

Hi,

Could you try our latest fix/version (attached) if it works fine.

If you still find the issue, kindly do attach your sample files e.g, .jrxml, xml data source jasper file(s), etc. We will check your issue soon.

Thank you.

Same problem with the attached version.

I think any report will fail.

Java
public static void main(String[] args) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

ACXlsExporter exporter = new ACXlsExporter ();
File sourceFile = new File(“report1.jasper”);

JasperReport template;
try {
template = (JasperReport)JRLoader.loadObject(sourceFile);
JasperPrint print = JasperFillManager.fillReport(
template, new HashMap<String,Object>(), new JREmptyDataSource());

exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.JASPER_PRINT, print);
File destFile = new File(sourceFile.getParent(), “test.xls”);
exporter.setParameter(JRExporterParameter.OUTPUT_FILE_NAME, destFile.toString());
exporter.exportReport();
} catch (JRException e) {
e.printStackTrace();
}
}

Jasper template
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback and providing sample code with template Jasper file.

Initially, I have logged a ticket with an id: CELLSJAVA-40346 for your issue. We will soon look into it to figure out your issue. Hopefully, we will get back to you soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Please try the attached fix of Aspose.Cells for JasperReports for JasperReports v4.5.x.

Let us know if you still find any issue.

Thank you.

The given fix seems to work without exception. Thanks.

Hi,

Good to know that your issue is resolved in it.

Thank you.
Hi,

We have published our next official release (v1.1.2) of the product which includes this fix, you may download it here:
http://www.aspose.com/community/files/67/jasperreports-exporters/aspose.cells-for-jasperreports/entry422621.aspx

Thank you.