AcceptAllRevisions() does not accept changes in the footer

Hi, I’m calling AcceptAllRevisions() on the attached document. But when I open it in word, it still shows a change in the footer. Any suggestions?

Also, Is there a way to set the document to open in word in View: Final (as opposed to Final: Show with Markup)?

Here’s the code I’m using to clean the document of revisions, and comments:

var doc = new Aspose.Words.Document(stream);
// remove all comments
NodeCollection comments = doc.GetChildNodes(NodeType.Comment, true);
comments.Clear();
// accept all changes
doc.TrackRevisions = false;
doc.AcceptAllRevisions();
doc.Save(stream, SaveFormat.Docx);

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. While using the latest version of Aspose.Words i.e. 11.3.0, I managed to reproduce this issue on my side. I have logged this issue in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6398. Your request has been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Moreover, yes, you can set how the document will be displayed upon opening in MS Word:
https://reference.aspose.com/words/net/aspose.words.settings/viewoptions/

Best Regards,

Thanks for the reply. I’m a little confused as to how I can use the ViewOptions to change the “Display for Review” option from “Final Show Markup” to just “Final”. None of themembers in that class seem to be related. Can you tell me which option I should set?

Here’s the option in Word I’m trying to set:http://my.jetscreenshot.com/6642/20120525-zzbm-136kb

Thanks!
Paul

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information. I am afraid, currently there is no way you can choose between different ‘Display for Review’ options using Aspose.Words. I have logged a new feature request in our bug tracking system. The issue ID is WORDSNET-6405. Your request has also been linked to this issue and you will be notified as soon as it is supported. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Hi,

I am encountering the same issue. Has this item ever been resolved so that I can choose “Final” or “Final Showing Markup”?

Thanks

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, WORDSNET-6405 is not resolved yet. I have verified the status of this issue from our issue tracking system and regret to share with you that the implementation of this feature has been postponed till a later date. We will inform you via this thread as soon as this issue is resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-6398) have been fixed in this .NET update and this Java update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by aspose.notifier.

@pjhuck, @aaron.boulter,
Regarding WORDSNET-6405, we have completed the work on this issue and come to a conclusion that we would not be able to implement the fix to your issue. Your issue (WORDSNET-6405) has been closed with ‘Won’t Fix’ resolution:
You were asking for a setting in Aspose.Words to open the document in “Final” view instead of in “Final with markup”. However, please note that this setting is not included in the document structure and is based on client-side apps e.g. Microsoft Word.