Access Follow up information in sent mail

I am currently working on an email archiving solution for one of my customer. Before archiving, a data structure must be build in an “unrelated-software” format. For email, Xml and Mhtml were chosen.

The data structure must be as complete as i can, but rigth now i am having trouble to retrieve information available in MS Outlook with the Aspose Api. As you can see in the attached print screen, after sending a mail with voting options, and after having users vote, Outlook show a summary of results (Voting Result Information.jpg).

I tried every header, every property but did not manage to find a way to extract those informations from a MapiMessage. Are those information retrieved and mapped in a MapiMessage ?

This outlook functionnality is also available for delivery/read reciept (Delivery Read Reciept Information.jpg).

I attached both printscreen and a zip containing both msg files.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Aspose support team.

1. Read and delivery receipt reading

You must read the PR_RECIPIENT_TRACKSTATUS_TIME_DELIVERY (tag: 0x5FF40040) and PR_RECIPIENT_TRACKSTATUS_TIME_READ (tag: 0x5FF10040) properties.

MapiMessage msg1 = MapiMessage.fromFile(Read and delivery reciept testing.msg");

for (MapiRecipient recipient : msg1.getRecipients())
{
    System.out.println("Recipient: " +
    recipient.getDisplayName());
    // Get the PR_RECIPIENT_TRACKSTATUS_TIME_DELIVERY property

System.out.println("Delivery time:
    " +
    recipient.getProperties().get_Item(0x5FF40040).getDateTime());
    // Get the PR_RECIPIENT_TRACKSTATUS_TIME_READ property

System.out.println("Read time: " + recipient.getProperties().get_Item(0x5FF10040).getDateTime());  
}
  1. Read the vote results

You must read the PR_RECIPIENT_AUTORESPONSE_PROP_RESPONSE (tag: 0x5FEC001F) and PR_RECIPIENT_TRACKSTATUS_TIME (tag: 0x5FFB0040) properties.

MapiMessage msg2 = MapiMessage.fromFile("Vote result testing.msg");

for (MapiRecipient recipient : msg2.getRecipients())
{
    System.out.println("Recipient: " + recipient.getDisplayName());

// Get the PR_RECIPIENT_AUTORESPONSE_PROP_RESPONSE property
    System.out.println("Response: " + recipient.getProperties().get_Item(0x5FEC001F).getString());

// Get the PR_RECIPIENT_TRACKSTATUS_TIME property
    System.out.println("Response time: " + recipient.getProperties().get_Item(0x5FFB0040).getDateTime());
}

I have requested the product team to add new tags (used in the above sample codes) in MapiPropertyTag class under enhancement ticket Id: EMAILJAVA-33546.

Thank you so much. Did not even think of recipient properties ;(

Hi,

You are welcome and please feel free to write to us if you have any other query related to the API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as EMAILJAVA-33546) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by Aspose Notifier.