Access Frame properties of a style

Hello,

Is it possible in Aspose.Words to access the Frame properties of a style?

I’m trying to mimic this VBA logic in Aspose (latest version):

Documents.Open "D:\TestWithFrame.dotx"
ActiveDocument.Styles("StyleWithFrame").Frame.Width = CentimetersToPoints(15)

I did find the existence of the FrameFormat class in your documentation, but I’m unable to acces that from the style class.

Testtemplate:
TestWithFrame.zip (8.8 KB)

@ademan,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-16049 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

What about this now? Is this the same limitation as can be seen in the Paragraph.FrameFormat property of type FrameFormat in Aspose.Words 23.5.0 which reflects the w:framePr child of a w:p Office XML node? It is read-only, and all of the FrameFormat properties are read-only as well. How can I change them? How can I make a new paragraph (maybe imported from another document) be part of an existing frame? In our example, we have a document, and inside a frame we have to insert the contents of another document. Word would make its paragraphs part of the existing frame, but Aspose places new paragraphs outside the frame, and apparently, I have no way to change that.

@JSpot Unfortunately, there is still no public API to change frame properties.

Thanks again for your fast reaction, Alexey! That is worth a lot. Yet the message is a shame after all these years.
Is there a way to manipulate XML tags via Aspose nodes? Such that I could do it myself by nodeB.AddXmlChildren(nodeA.GetXmlChildren("w:framePr"))? Of course, this would be dangerous because of upcoming inconsistencies regarding referenced ids. In this case with w:framePr, there would be no references I could hurt.

@JSpot No, unfortunately, there is no way to directly manipulate document inner XML representation of the document using Aspose.Words.

Thank you, Alexey! As it turns out, Microsoft regards these frames as legacy. This is probably why Aspose did not spend more time in this feature. We will use other means like tables to format documents if we encounter a text frame in one of our templates.

@JSpot Yes, you are absolutely right, frames are deprecated in MS Word.