Accessibility tags not behaving properly in Aspose PDF compared to Acrobat/Word PDF

Hi,

We need the document structure tags to be exported for accessibility when converting the DOCX to PDF, in order to meet the industry regulations.

However, after enabling the PdfSaveOptions.ExportDocumentStructure option, we found the tags in the Aspose output PDF behaves differently than Word or Acrobat converted PDF.

Code:

var doc = new Document(@"\test.docx");
doc.LayoutOptions.TextShaperFactory = HarfBuzzTextShaperFactory.Instance;
var pdfOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
pdfOptions.ExportDocumentStructure = true;
doc.Save(@"\AsposePdf.pdf", pdfOptions);

I could see that some tags are rendered quite differently and not following the best practice in Understanding Techniques for WCAG Success Criteria | WAI | W3C while they appeared to work ok in Arobat or Word PDF.

I’ve attached some test documents including the PDF from different tools and some screenshots for your reference. Each issue was also described in the sections in the original Word document, I also put some best practice links there for your reference.

tag-accessibility-issues.zip (671.1 KB)

Could you help me check this to make the Aspose PDF tags work similar to Acrobat/Word PDF?

Thanks,

@ServerSide527,

We tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same problems on our end. For the sake of correction in Aspose.Words API, we have logged a ticket with ID WORDSNET-22242. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the status. We apologize for your inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22242) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.7 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.7 update.