Accessibility Validation Fails | Bullet List Items are Broken into Several Tags | DOCX to PDF/A-1a Conversion using Java

Hello!

Using Aspose.Words for Java to convert DOCX to PDF/A-1a I detected significant tagging overhead, especially when compared to othe conversion programs:

• PDF (converted using Aspose): 1177 KB
  • PDF (converted using MS Word ): 263 KB
  • PDF (converted using Acrobat PDFMaker): 195 KB

Why does this happen? And is there a way, to reduce the size of the generated PDF during conversion?

Attached are input and output files: docx2tagged_pdfa.zip (776.0 KB)

Kind regards!

@dvtdaten

We have tested the scenario and have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. For the sake of correction, we have logged this problem in our issue tracking system as WORDSNET-22155. You will be notified via this forum thread once this issue is resolved.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Hello!

I can see WORDSNET-22155 is closed, but is not in the latest release notes: Aspose.Words for .NET 21.5 Release Notes
Do you have news on this case?

Kind regards!

@dvtdaten

Your issue has been resolved and its fix will be available in the next version of Aspose.Words i.e. 21.6. We will inform you via this forum thread once new version of Aspose.Words is released.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-22155) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 21.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 21.6 update.