Accessing ActiveX Textboxes

Hi,

I am working with a template that incorporates several activeX elements (mostly Forms.TextBox.). (The template cannot be changed due to the fact that it is one of our customers master templates. Neither can it be submitted here as it contains confidential information, that cannot be sanitised easily due to complex macros and cross-referencing).When I try accessing those from my Java code they turn out to be of class com.aspose.cells.Picture no matter what the original type of the element was. Furthermore I am able to manipulate the Java object (e.g. setText() etc.) and the changes show in the Java when using appropriate getter methods in system.out's but textboxes in the excel element come up as empty after saving the workbook.

From various posts on the forum (e.g. http://www.aspose.com/community/forums/227568/winform-controls-in-a-worksheet/showthread.aspx#227568) I gather that the Aspose.cells product family does not support full use of ActiveX elements, like getter/setter functionality for content and properties. Am I correct in in this assumption ? If so, is there any plan and/or schedule for future implementation of ActiveX support for Aspose.cells for Java. Please advise on any plans on Asposes behalf to implement this additional functionality.

Thank you very much in advance for your reply

Mathias Harbeck

Hi,

Please create a sample xlsx file with your desired ActiveX control manually and post here? We will look into it and if the feature is supported, we will let you know.

Hi,

here you are.

Best regards,
Mathias Harbeck

Hi,

I am afraid, currently Aspose.Cells does not support ActiveX controls and we only preserve it as it is in XLS/XLSX files, we don’t support to manipulate it (get/set its properties).

For the time being, you may use Label or some other Form Control using Aspose.Cells.

Please see the following documentation link for details of different controls supported by Aspose.Cells for Java:

Working with Controls