Accessing the shape name and creating charts question

In trying your product I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there a way to access the shape name in Aspose.Slides?

2) I was not able to use LINQ in Aspose.Slides.

3) I noticed charts are created in MS Excel format using Aspose.Cells and then embedded as a OLE Object using Aspose.Slides, is this the only method? Will you be able to create charts using Aspose.Slides and not embedding it as a OLE Object?

Will there be any updates that would address any of these issues?

thanks.

Hi Trinh,

Thanks for your interest in Aspose.Slides.

1. Is there a way to access the shape name in Aspose.Slides?

Please follow this link for information on how to get the shape name in Aspose.Slides.

2. I was not able to use LINQ in Aspose.Slides.

Please share more details regarding this requirement.

3. I noticed charts are created in MS Excel format using Aspose.Cells and then embedded as a OLE Object using Aspose.Slides, is this the only method? Will you be able to create charts using Aspose.Slides and not embedding it as a OLE Object?

Please follow this link to view an alternate method of adding charts to the slides of presentation created with Aspose.Slides

Thanks and Regards,

Hello,

thank you for your quick response.

1. Is there a way to access the shape name in Aspose.Slides?
    Please follow this link for information on how to get the shape name in Aspose.Slides.

I saw that you could use the alternative text in the help files, but I was hoping you could access the actual shape name not the alternative text.

1. I was not able to use LINQ in Aspose.Slides.
    Please share more details regarding this requirement.

Nevermind, i was able to.

1. I noticed charts are created in MS Excel format using Aspose.Cells and then embedded as a OLE Object using Aspose.Slides, is this the only method? Will you be able to create charts using Aspose.Slides and not embedding it as a OLE Object?

Please follow this link to view an alternate method of adding charts to the slides of presentation
created with Aspose.Slides

I was hoping you would have something in the line of how charts are created now in PowerPoint 2007 not using OLE Object. The end user would still need to edit the charts.

thanks

Hello,

We regret to inform you that Aspose.Slides does not support the feature of creating charts inside it. Whereas, I can discuss with the development team to see whether we can support this feature or not.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

I have discussed your requirement of creating charts inside PPTX with the development team to see whether we can support this feature or not. An issue with issue id 11404 has already been created on our Issue Tracking System to fix the problem. This thread has also been associated with this issue, so that you can be automatically notified as soon as this issue is resolved.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.