Add Emphasis Mark to Text in Word Document using C# or Java | Create Run & Apply Emphasis Mark (wave) Font Formatting

Aspose word seams not support the font style “Emphasis mark” which is popular in Chinese. I cannot insert a run with “Emphasis mark” font style.

Hi Tecky,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please use Run.Font.Name property to set the font name of a Run node. If face any issue, please share your input and expected output Word documents here for our reference. We will then provide you more information about your query along with code.
Thanks for you reply, but that is not my question.

Please refer to the font dialog as below. There is a style named "Emphasis mark" which will display a heavy dot under each character. How can I apply this format?
I made an example in attachment, please have a look!
1 Like
Hi Tecky,

Thanks for sharing the detail. Unfortunately, Aspose.Words does not support the requested feature at the moment. However, we have logged this feature request as WORDSNET-13983 in our issue tracking system. You will be notified via this forum thread once this feature is available.

We apologize for your inconvenience.

Thank you very much. I also very much look forward to see this feature in next release.

A post was split to a new topic: Support ‘Emphasis Mark’ font setting

The issues you have found earlier (filed as WORDSNET-13983) have been fixed in this Aspose.Words for .NET 20.6 update and this Aspose.Words for Java 20.6 update.

@Tecky,

Starting from the 20.6 releases, we have added support in Aspose.Words for .NET and Aspose.Words for Java APIs to add Emphasis Marks to the Text in Word document using C# or Java. The emphasis mark is an additional character that is rendered above or below the main character glyph as specified in the enumeration below. We have added the following new public property and enumeration in Aspose.Words API:

The following C# code example explains as to how to set Font.EmphasisMark via DocumentBuilder:

Document document = new Document();
DocumentBuilder builder = new DocumentBuilder(document);

builder.Font.EmphasisMark = EmphasisMark.UnderSolidCircle;

builder.Write("Emphasis text");
builder.Writeln();
builder.Font.ClearFormatting();
builder.Write("Simple text");

document.Save("E:\\temp\\20.6.docx");