I am currently trying to add a table of results to a PDF which is currently being generated from a PDF form (using Aspose for .Net). I have run into the following obstacles:
- The Pdf class seems to be the only way of adding a table, but it doesn’t appear to allow loading from an existing PDF file
- The Form object does not give any information about the location and formatting of fields and in any case doesn’t allow inserting tables, etc
- I can’t add the table as HTML since the HTML to PDF feature is only available to the Pdf object
- generate the entire PDF from scratch using the Pdf object, in which case I can manually add form fields or simply the values that should be stored in these instead
- edit the form using the FormEditor and add in several text fields to mimic the cells of a table
- use XSLT to generate the PDF instead of using the form
Is it possible to create a new instance of a Aspose.Pdf.Pdf object by loading from an existing PDF file? This would allow us to fill out the form and then add in the table at the end. If not, what other methods could I look at?
Does anyone else have any other ideas how this could be done?