Add Image to Existing PDF File - inverted Co-ordinate issue

Hi,

I am using Aspose PDF to add an image to an existing PDF. I am using the code snippet from Add Image to Existing PDF File|Aspose.PDF for Java.

But I found a difficulty with the final PDF generation. The position which is mentioned in the com.aspose.pdf.Matrix, for some PDF the co-ordinate (0,0) start from the left bottom of the page and for some PDF it start form the left top of the page.

So i want to know is there any way possible to find out the starting position of the co-ordinate for the PDF prior to set the co-ordinates so that I can make the necessary changes with the co-ordinate.

Thanks and Regards

Reetam

Hi Reetam,

Thanks for contacting support.

Usually our API starts measuring the PDF coordinates from Bottom-Left position. However for the PDF documents where you have different observations, it might be specific to the structure of input PDF document. Can you please share such sample PDF files, so that we can test the scenario in our environment. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I attached the PDF document.

Please check and confirm that behavior.

If it reproduce at your end, I just want to know is there any way can I know from where the co-ordinates are started through your api?

Thanks and regards
Reetam

Hi Reetam,

Thanks for sharing the resource file.

I have tested the scenario and I am able to
notice the same problem. For the sake of correction, I have logged this problem
as PDFNEWJAVA-35201 in our issue tracking system. We will
further look into the details of this problem and will keep you updated on the
status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry
for this inconvenience.

PS, unless the product team has investigated the issue in details, I am afraid we might not be able to share some workaround for this problem.

Hi Nayyer,

Is there any update regarding the image issue?

Thanks & Regards
Reetam

Hi Reetam,

Thanks for your inquiry. I am afraid your reported issue is still not resolved as product team is busy in resolving other issues in the queue, reported earlier. However we will notify you as soon as we made some significant progress towards issue resolution.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Best Regards,

Hi,
It is more than 3 months, is there any progress or resolution for the issue. I can not proceed due to this problem.

Regards
Reetam

Hi Reetam,

Thanks for your patience.

As we recently have noticed this problem, so its still pending for review and the team will surely start investigating it as per their schedule. Please note that issues are resolved in first come first serve basis as we believe its the fairest policy to all the customers. Nevertheless, as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its resolution, we will let you know.