Add review status on comments and to review history

Hi,

Does aspose support review status for comments where STATE is equal to Reviewed and state model values are Accepted, Rejected, Completed, Cancelled, None ?

If so, would like to request a sample code set by a different user (not the same user who created the comment/reply).

Also, an addition to the sample code to add review status to the history. I see in Acrobat when you right click the comment > properties, there is a review history on the various status set by users on specific dates.

Thank you

Hi Chit,

Thanks for contacting support.

Aspose.Pdf for Java supports the feature to Add Annotation to PDF, Get All Annotations from Page in a PDF or Delete All Annotations from a Page of a PDF File.

Now as per your requirement of setting State model for Annotation, please try using values from AnnotationState enumeration.

Concerning to the last point, do you need to get the information which appears under History tab ? Please share the details, so we may reply accordingly.

hi. thank you for the feedback

please see attached image in the comment sidebar on the right.

below the comment, there is a thumbs up icon and an x icon. that is the accepted review status for first comment and the cancelled review status for reply. both of these are reviewed by a different username. so how to add that?

please, see popup window, the review history tab lists all review status done by users for that comment.

thank you

basically i wish to set a StateModel = Review and State = Accepted, Rejected, Cancelled, Completed, None

Hi Chit,

Thanks for sharing the details.

I am afraid currently Aspose.Pdf for Java does not support the feature to setStateModel and we cannot get the Review History status. However for the sake of implementation, I have logged it as PDFJAVA-36797 in our issue tracking system. We will further look into the details of this problem and will keep you posted on the status of correction. Please be patient and spare us little time. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

hi nayyer. ok. please also add for .net

i think the biggest limitation for aspose pdf is that one cannot get hold of the dictionary.

if we can get hold of the dictionary, this would be no problem because we can just add them there.

it only needs 3 properties. State, StateModel and F.

the review history is not a problem because every entry is considered an annotation. the 3 properties mentioned above are what makes it a review status entry.

Hi Chit,

Thanks for sharing the details.

The information has been associated with earlier logged issue and as soon as we have some definite updates regarding its implementation, we will let you know.

hi. 2 years have passed. is there an update to this?

@chitgoks

Thank you for getting back to us.

Tentative version for resolution of PDFJAVA-36797 is Aspose.PDF for Java 19.5 which is expected to be published in third or fourth week of May 2019. We will notify you as soon as it will be resolved.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as PDFJAVA-36797) have been fixed in Aspose.PDF for Java 24.2.