Added textbox in word file but textbox not working properly using document class

Hi Team,

We are encountering an issue with a sample Word document (doc1.docx) that includes a vertically rotated text box. When utilizing a document class to save the data in doc1.docx, the resulting file does not align with the original, and the vertically rotated text box does not display correctly. This discrepancy is affecting the appearance of the text box in the saved document.

Please find the attached screenshot
Doc1.docx (24.1 KB)

Final output file
FinalOutputfile.docx (26.8 KB)

@samadhansalgar Could you please provide sample code that will allow us to reproduce the problem on our side? I have tested the document using the following simple code:

Document doc = new Document(@"C:\Temp\in.docx");
doc.Save(@"C:\Temp\out.docx");

and the output looks exactly as the input document.

@alexey.noskov - Thanks for the quick reply,

Please find the below code that we are reading and saving data into the file

var resultStream = new MemoryStream();
var client = this.GetFileFromTheBlobStorage(fileName); //Reading file from Blob Storage
client.DownloadTo(resultStream); // saving the stream data
var document = new Document(resultStream);
document.Save(docxStream, SaveFormat.Docx);

//     The Azure.Storage.Blobs.Specialized.BlobBaseClient.DownloadTo(System.IO.Stream)
//     operation downloads a blob using parallel requests, and writes the content to
//     destination.
public virtual Response DownloadTo(Stream destination) // 
{
    return DownloadTo(destination, CancellationToken.None);
}

@samadhansalgar The code actually does almost the same as the test code I have used on my side, i.e. open and saves the document. I looked through the output document you have attached and it looks like it was postprocessed, because it does not contains Aspose.Words generator name. Could you please try using the code I have provided above on your side and let us know if the problem is reproducible? What version of Aspose.Words do you use on your side?

We are using Assembly Aspose.Words, Version=23.10.0.0 in our solution
Are you able to join the call if I schedule a call via MS Teams?
if yes, Can I know your convenient time?

@samadhansalgar

Unfortunately, we do not provide support via voice or video calls. The main place for getting support is this forum.

I have tested the scenario with 23.10 version and still the problem is not reproducible. Here is output document after open/save using Aspose.Words produced on my side:
out.docx (13.8 KB)

@alexey.noskov - I will investigate the issue at my pleace and keep you posted on any updates or progress

@samadhansalgar Please feel free to ask if more assistance is required from our side. We will be glad to help you.

1 Like