Adding and Removing Pages from a PDF form that has Extended Features

Apose Team

Is it possible to add and/or remove pages from a PDF form that has extended features using Apose.Form or Apose.PDF.Kit? The reason I ask is because we have a PDF form that has extended features to allow users to fill in the form and save it on their desktops, before sending the form back. However, before we send the users the form, we have a process that will programatically add in a Read only pdf page from another file.

When I do this manually as a test, using Acrobat, I cannot add pages to an extended form unless I remove the extended features. However, if I remove the extended features by saving another copy, and then add the page; users will not be able to save the un-extended form on their desktop. The alternative is to enable the Extended Fill-in feature after the page has been added to the form. Therefore, my 2nd question is it possible to enable "Extended Fill-in &

Hi Steve,

Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET allows you to insert PDF pages into an existing PDF file and remove the pages as well. Please download the latest version and try the above methods at your end. If you still find any of the above issues then please share the input PDF file(s) along with your code snippet and any further details regarding the issue and requirement.

We’re looking forward to help you out.
Regards,

Thank you for your response. I have attached the sample PDF files: example2.PDF, ReadOnlyFile.pdf, and output.pdf.

The code is provided below. Basically, example.pdf is a PDF form that has "Extend Forms Fill-in & Save in Adobe Reader" enabled to allow users to fill in the form using Acrobat Reader and save the form on to their desktop. I use Aspose.PDF.Kit to append a read only page to example.pdf, and output the file to output.pdf. When a user opens output.pdf with Acrobat Reader, they get a message saying the file has been changed and use of extended features is no longer available. I have attached a screen shot of the message as well.

//Initialize the string variables storing paths of PDF files

string inFile1 = @"D:\Projects\Moc Prototype\AsposeConsole\example2.pdf";
string inFile2 = @"D:\Projects\Moc Prototype\AsposeConsole\ReadOnlyFile.pdf";
string outFile = @"D:\Projects\Moc Prototype\AsposeConsole\outPut.pdf";

//Creating stream objects holding the PDF files in Open Mode

FileStream inStream1 = new FileStream(inFile1, FileMode.Open);
FileStream inStream2 = new FileStream(inFile2, FileMode.Open);

//Creating output stream object that will store the resulting PDF file after appending
FileStream outputStream = new FileStream(outFile, FileMode.Create);

//Instantiating PdfFileEditor object
PdfFileEditor editor = new PdfFileEditor();

//Calling Append method and providing five arguments
editor.Append(inStream1, inStream2, 1, 3, outputStream);

//Closing output stream
outputStream.Close();

Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for sharing the sample files, code snippet and other details. I have reproduced the same issue at my end and logged it as PDFKITNET-20610 in our issue tracking system. Our team will look into this issue and you’ll be updated via this forum thread once it is resolved.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi

Has a resolution been found for this issue?

Please advise.

Hi

Has any progress been made on this issue? I'd really appreciate if there was an update from the Aspose team. If there is no solution to the issue; or, if you are still working on one, could you please at least let me know.

Hi Steve,

I would like to share with you that our team is working on this issue; however, the fix for this issue will be available in our Q4’2010 release - that is, at the end of December 2010 or early January 2011.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Regards,

Hi Steve,

Our team has further investigated this issue and I’m sorry to inform you that we’ll be able to provide the fix for this issue after Q2’2011. As this issue requires more time and effort for the resolution, we’ll not be able to provide it earlier.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Regards,

Hi

Well it’s almost the end of Q2 of 2011, so is there a resolution for this problem yet?
Are we going to see it soon?

mqs

Hi Samir,

I have contacted our team for the status of this issue. You’ll be updated with the response shortly.

Regards,

Hi Samir,

I would like to share with you that the fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming monthly release due at the end of June or early July 2011. You’ll be notified via this forum thread as soon as the release is published.

If you have any further questions, please do let us know.
Regards,