Adding ComboBox options via AddOption causes selected text to display as condensed/overlaid text using OpenType fonts

I am adding options to a ComboBoxField using AddOption (with or without export value).

After I edit the PDF document with Aspose, when I open the file in Adobe Acrobat Reader, use the combo box dropdown list to select certain options, the text gets condensed or almost where each character overlays each other.

When I edit the PDF in Acrobat, the field’s font is “OVTLAT+MinionPro-Regular”,

I could try to reset the font name to a different font using your Pdf or Fascade library? I don’t know why it doesn’t have this overlap/condense behavior until I edit the PDF with Aspose.

The PDFs were originally designed in Adobe InDesign and exported to Acrobat DC as an Interactive PDF. It uses the Minion Pro Regular font which is an OpenType “Adobe Type 1” flavored font, whereas Arial Regular is an OpenType “Microsoft TrueType” flavored font.

According to our PDF expert, some suppliers have issues with OpenType and/or Type 1 fonts, or they may need special handling.

Do you guys know if you have compatibility issues with OpenType or Type 1 fonts in PDF?

Hi Mike,

we are sorry for the inconvenience. We will appreciate it if you please share your sample input/output PDF document along with code. So we will check the scenario and will guide you accordingly.

Best Regards,